Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Beristain: Pros Fighting in Olympics is Complete Madness!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nacho Beristain: Pros Fighting in Olympics is Complete Madness!

'It will ruin the essence of amateur boxing' and it is 'complete madness' to take allow professional boxers to compete in the Olympic games - according to Hall of Fame trainer Nacho Beristain.

[Click Here To Read More]

My sentiments exactly

Comment

Nacho is right. This is going to ruin amateur boxing as a learning environment and feeder system for creating well rounded pros.

Horrible idea.

Comment

The AIBA has also proposed to eliminate the use of headgear that protects boxers in the Olympic Games - something thoroughly criticized by the entire boxing community, as that would create a dangerous situation where an amateur is in risk of suffering serious injuries by facing a professional.

Proposed? It's already in play. And no, the entire boxing community is not criticizing removing headgear. This is viewed by many as a good thing.

The only controversy is pro fighters. But where are all these pro fighters fighting in the Olympics at? I don't see any.

Comment

I am completely shocked someone in boxing is freaked out by change

Boxing would probably go a long way towards improving itself by taking the George Contanza opposite approach.

The amateur part of the Olympics has been destroyed long ago. Amateurs in many countries already operate like professionals in being paid to compete as amateur athletes. Even the US gives stipends to national team members from my understanding. Either you are an unpaid amateur or a paid professional. Whatever is going on with the Olympics these days isn't amateur so I don't see a problem with going all the way with professionals in boxing.

Comment

I agree 100% with Nacho

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              'It will ruin the essence of amateur boxing' and it is 'complete madness' to take allow professional boxers to compete in the Olympic games - according to Hall of Fame trainer Nacho Beristain.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Nacho 100%.

What the fk are people thinking.

Absurd !

Comment

Working...
              X