Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Abel Sanchez Details Ward-Barrera, Canelo-Khan, GGG-Wade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Abel Sanchez Details Ward-Barrera, Canelo-Khan, GGG-Wade

Two-Time World Champion and top-rated pound-for-pound fighter Andre Ward (28-0, 15 KOs) will return to the ring on Saturday, March 26, to begin his assault on the light heavyweight division when he takes on undefeated and number one rated IBF light heavyweight contender Sullivan Barrera (17-0, 12 KOs) in a 12-round bout at Oracle Arena in Ward's hometown of Oakland, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

anyone else think barrera might be a live dog vs ward???

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Absolutely...more so than people are thinking. He's a bit sloppy but his right hand has good pop and he sets it up well with that left jab. If he had the strength to shake ward off on the clinches it'll get real interesting real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Absolutely...more so than people are thinking. He's a bit sloppy but his right hand has good pop and he sets it up well with that left jab. If he had the strength to shake ward off on the clinches it'll get real interesting real fast.
        He's a bum who was being outboxed by Lacey. He stinks and will be humiliated.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          He's a bum who was being outboxed by Lacey. He stinks and will be humiliated.
          Ok man, it's an opinion. You feel that way, good for you.

Comment

Barrera will be a solid test for SOG and if Ward is the least bit rusty he will pay the price. On the other hand, Barrera won't win a decision against Ward given where they are fighting, so he really has to swing for the fences.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post

I said that when Ward selected him.

But now I'm not so sure, not after watching a couple of training vids and listening to Sanchez' comments.

First he said that Barrera just needs to be a true 175lb'er..... ?

So, he is hoping/relying that a super-skilled guy like Ward, who has made an art-form out of beating larger opponents, is going to be affected by the fact that Barrera is a true 175lb'er?

I don't think that size will be a factor at all in that fight. Ward has fought/sparred a lot of LHW's, and Barrera will be in there with a LHW himself on March 26th.

Then he states that Ward " was " a good fighter, and " maybe " still is.

He seems to be focused on Ward being small, faded, and injured.

Not sure if any of those things will happen.

Rusty maybe, but I think that Barrera will need more than that.

That **** had better not be his Plan-A, because Barrera should be preparing for the best Andre Ward, just in case he decides to show up.

I hope Barrera is not underdone for that fight.

Comment

He seems to be focused on Ward being small, faded, and injured.

And to be honest, I think that could be what a lot of fans think when I hear them talk about Ward/Kovalev.

Not sure if that is Kovalev's best " plan-A " either.

I bet Jackson won't be relying on that.

Comment

He feels Khan is going to win and may win a wide UD among as told by many other experts as well. The more I think about this fight the more I realize this is definitely possible.

Comment

Barrera seems pretty solid, but from what I've seen does seem to get a lil sloppy at times, also he's maybe a static, his footwork could definitely use some improvement but in general he looks like a good talent, though has yet show anything to make him really stand out. This will not be an easy out for Ward, but he should win it comfortably if the old Ward shows up - that's what this fight is really all about.

On the Sanchez interview - actually fairly balanced and an interesting take - which is not always the case with Abel. I'm not particularly sold on the Canelo - Khan matchup still but I can agree that Khan's movement and speed do have the potential to give Canelo some issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X