Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quigg: Frampton Landed Big Shot in 4th, I Think My Jaw's Gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quigg: Frampton Landed Big Shot in 4th, I Think My Jaw's Gone

Carl Frampton picked up a split decision in the super bantamweight world title unification showdown against Scott Quigg.

The Ulsterman, 29, had the majority of the support at the Manchester Arena as he added the WBA Super title to his IBF crown, exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office.

[Click Here To Read More]

Frampton admits he was selling the fight and the fight plan all along was a 'boring' one! Wtf! Thats the last time either of them gonna headline a ppv. Quigg chose to do act like a deer in headlights and do f**k all in 1st half of fight, and frampton was looking like he was playing touch spar for the first half as well, not trying anything, just getting away with doing just enough to outwork Quigg and bag the rounds. Complete shyt fight! Hope Frampton fights Santa Cruz next and gets put in place!

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
      Frampton admits he was selling the fight and the fight plan all along was a 'boring' one! Wtf! Thats the last time either of them gonna headline a ppv. Quigg chose to do act like a deer in headlights and do f**k all in 1st half of fight, and frampton was looking like he was playing touch spar for the first half as well, not trying anything, just getting away with doing just enough to outwork Quigg and bag the rounds. Complete shyt fight! Hope Frampton fights Santa Cruz next and gets put in place!
      It takes two to tango. Quigg didn't have to wait until round 7 to get going.

Comment

it was s h@t fight tho, 2 rounds of action pretty much. shame on both of em, they got massive pay day and didnt deliver what was promised.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          It takes two to tango. Quigg didn't have to wait until round 7 to get going.
          Quigg was OK...
          ... But the record tells that Frampton goes down early, not late...

Comment

Serious break.

Salute to Scott Quigg. His (gallaghers) tactics might have pissed me off but the guys got real balls coming back into the fight with a broken jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Serious break.

Salute to Scott Quigg. His (gallaghers) tactics might have pissed me off but the guys got real balls coming back into the fight with a broken jaw.
              I didn't even notice any kind of pain or reaction to it. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I didn't even notice any kind of pain or reaction to it. Damn.
                I had a break very similar to this when I was younger (from a punch no less) and it wasnt 'painful' in a normal sense.

Like Quigg said it goes very numb, but the brain is still screaming at you to not get in harms way. Must have taken serious effort to push past that instinct.

I also had swelling inside mouth/throat/tongue which made it difficult to swallow or spit and also bleeding in the mouth, which you can imagine put together is a fun combo If Quigg had these symptoms too then my respect for him goes up even more

Forget sometimes how tough these guys are

Comment

Was it the uppercut in the 4th that broke his jaw?

He did well to disguise it.

Comment

Quiggs a tough guy. I expect him to bounce back.

Comment

Working...
                    X