No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo Dominates William Silva For Decision Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo Dominates William Silva For Decision Win

Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York City - A battle of undefeated lightweights saw Puerto Rican sensation Felix Verdejo (20-0, 14KOs) box his way to a one-sided ten round unanimous decision over William Silva (23-1, 14KOs). The scores were 100-90, 100-90, 99-91.

Verdejo was patient in the first two rounds, outboxing Silva. He stepped up the pace in third and started letting his hands go more often. As the fight played out, Verdejo continued to get more active and Silva's activity was dropping.

[Click Here To Read More]

Goood win for Verdejo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can we quit bringing the obscure south American fighters who come to the US just for a paycheck?

Silva had no intention on making it competitive tonight. Fight Stunk.

Comment

Maybe it was that Silva was running all night instead of fighting back, maybe thats why the fight it was so boring... lol

Comment

This was a really a horrible fight. No effort from Silva.

Comment

First loss for Silva nonetheless great win for Verdejo. Enough said.

Comment

Are you guys sure this is the next biggest great thing? He was wind milling that right hand and missing by a mile.

Comment

Verdejo looked terrible.

Comment

This is kind of like the May-Pac fight where a lot of fans accuse Mayweather of running and then I watch the fight and I see Willian Silva standing right in the middle of the ring in front of Verdejo with Verdejo's punches either getting blocked or missing by a mile. In fact, I'm pretty sure Verdejo did just as much 'running' as Silva did in the fight, I saw him moving back and sideways for the majority of the fight, just sitting back and trying to land that left hook counter that kept missing by miles.

Verdejo's windmill right when he went on the offensive also missed by miles most of the time.

I won't even begin to go deep on how extremely biased the commentators were, 'scoring' clearly blocked punches for Verdejo and keeping silent when Silva lands and then pretending he did nothing when the round ends.

This was a robbery in my view, I agree with Silva. Either they score it a draw or Silva wins. Both guys didn't do much offensively but I felt Silva won more rounds than Verdejo easily.

Even if you want to argue a case for Verdejo, those scorecards? HELL NO! That was just pure bull****.

Comment

I like Verdejo. But he doesn't need to throw every punch like it has to be a home run. Set these guys up with that solid jab he uses sparingly and work the body more.

Bob Arum needs to pump the breaks on saying that Verdejo was further along than Cotto at this stage in their careers. Maybe in ticket sells but not boxing ability. Cotto was on a whole other planet.

Verdejo has a bright future but needs some more fine tuning before he's ready for a Top 10 guy in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X