Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Chambers Just Wants A Shot: Beggars Can't Be Choosers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Chambers Just Wants A Shot: Beggars Can't Be Choosers

Eddie Chambers know he needs to fight — he fought just once in 2015 — and he knows that he needs a good win if he is to have any shot at contending again in the heavyweight division. But that chance hasn’t come yet, and he knows the reason for that as well.

[Click Here To Read More]

He is right as he is high risk low reward. He has Chris Byrd syndrome. Nobody wants to fight a slick boxer who can take a punch. When kevin Johnson first came on the scene it was the same thing. Kingpin started taking fights on short notice as an opponent to make a living. He is far better skilled then he shows. Chambers got some bad luck against Adamek as he had a close decision loss fighting with one arm. Dropping to CW was a terrible idea but his worse move was dropping out of 2 eliminators with Tony Thompson. He could of beat TT & got another crack at Wlad but instead it was TT getting the shot without having to beat anyone. He needs to make every fight count & that is the only way he moves ip the rankings as nobody will gove him a voluntary shot.

Comment

I like Eddie, but if i was Hearn I'd be taking a good look at him as an AJ opponent.

Doesn't carry the power to be a big risk to Joshua, whilst skilled and wily enough to give him some rounds.

And a decent name / reputation to boot.

Good learning fight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by bbboc.co.uk View Post
        I like Eddie, but if i was Hearn I'd be taking a good look at him as an AJ opponent.

Doesn't carry the power to be a big risk to Joshua, whilst skilled and wily enough to give him some rounds.

And a decent name / reputation to boot.

Good learning fight imo.
        Chambers would be all wrong for Joshua after seeing AJ vs Whyte I can't see Hearn letting Chambers anywhere near his cash cow. Chambers skills are extremely under rated, I always held him in higher regard than the likes of Haye, Chisora and Thompson, he was more on the level of Adamek, Povetkin and Byrd at the height and ceiling of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Chambers would be all wrong for Joshua after seeing AJ vs Whyte I can't see Hearn letting Chambers anywhere near his cash cow. Chambers skills are extremely under rated, I always held him in higher regard than the likes of Haye, Chisora and Thompson, he was more on the level of Adamek, Povetkin and Byrd at the height and ceiling of their careers.
          True, Chambers has plenty of fine skill. I'd like to see him get some good fights again.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            True, Chambers has plenty of fine skill. I'd like to see him get some good fights again.
            Chambers has looked under motivated since he's been with the Fury's and and very underwhelming. I still think he is a tough test for raw prospects too big an ask really, Thompson has shown what an out of shape fighter can do to someone not experienced enough to go up against a top boxer in his slowing twilight years.

Chambers would very much be a banana skin and embarrassing moment for the likes of Parker, Joshua and Rivas.

Comment

Working...
            X