Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia on Guerrero: I Had it 8-4, Could Have Been 9-3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia on Guerrero: I Had it 8-4, Could Have Been 9-3

Los Angeles, CA - Danny "Swift" Garcia, (32-0, 18 KOs) is celebrating his achievement of becoming a two-division world champion on Saturday night. Garcia withstood a tough fight to win a twelve round unanimous decision over Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero, (33-4, 18 KOs) to capture the vacant WBC welterweight title. Scores were 116-112 on all three judges' scorecard.

[Click Here To Read More]

I had it a close but clear win for Garcia. No controversy here.

Comment

For once, a clear decision win for Garcia. :laff2: 115-113 sounds about right, but could've been as far as 116-112. Guerrero and his pa are insufferable right now.

Comment

8-4 was right. That's what I had.

Comment

Great fight, DSG got the better of Guerrero. That's not saying Guerrero didn't give his best. Charging in using your head as defense is something Guerrero might want to reconsider.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
            That's not saying Guerrero didn't give his best. Charging in using your head as defense is something Guerrero might want to reconsider.
            Just as I feared, he played to the exact opposite of his natural skills. I didn't see him throw one meaningful southpaw jab, and hardly any straight lefts.

He needs to put this "mean bad warrior" mentality on the backburner and embrace what he always was, a superb boxer – not a crude slugger.

Comment

Guererro vs. Omar Figueroa Jr.

Comment

I watched it with Russian commentary on youtube so I couldn't understand what they were saying and I had it 10-2 to Garcia. Guerrero looked good in the opening rounds but faded badly and his work was very untidy.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  Just as I feared, he played to the exact opposite of his natural skills. I didn't see him throw one meaningful southpaw jab, and hardly any straight lefts.

He needs to put this "mean bad warrior" mentality on the backburner and embrace what he always was, a superb boxer – not a crude slugger.
                  I've been so confused by what he has become. He's basically known now as being the opposite of what he was beast at for the majority of his career below 147.

I think more than anything, it's probably the weight that has changed his style. He doesn't have the sharpness on his shots, or the light speed from the lower weight, so he's more stationary and has less stamina to move and box properly. Thus, he's gone from a great boxer to a walk forward, light punching slugger.

Comment

Danny is in big trouble, every other fighter in WW looking at him like an easy target. He didn't have it easy on Saturday and it will only get harder.

Comment

Working...
                    X