Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Szpilka TV Ratings Not Indicitave Of Overall Exposure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder-Szpilka TV Ratings Not Indicitave Of Overall Exposure

Showtime kicked off its 2016 season of boxing coverage with a January 16 heavyweight doubleheader live from Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. In the main event, Deontay Wilder celebrated his one-year anniversary as a heavyweight titlist with a 9th round knockout of Artur Szpilka.

Opening the telecast, Charles Martin claimed a vacant belt in anti-climactic fashion when Vyacheslavez tore apart his right knee in round three and was unable to continue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

NFL playoffs or not the PBC tv ratings have been bad lately. I don't expect showtime officials to say anything different than what they said. Wilder has been the WBC champs for a while now. He is undefeated, exciting and has a huge personality yet he is not a star. PBC and Showtime have some work to do...

Comment

Showtime is done as a boxing network , time to put more fights on FOX, CBS, NBC

Comment

NFL playoffs

Comment

Al Haymon and Mayweather destroyed Showtime...they lost so much money with 4 out of the 6 Floyd fights..and Haymon took his fighters to other networks..

Espinoza did all that Floyd-sucking for a failing end result..Showtime is running with exactly? No major star on the Network and Broner's last fight was a dud...

Comment

They need to be smarter about putting on there stars on certain days. No matter which way you try to twist it or try to come up with the reason for weak numbers your still getting weak numbers.

In my opinion the PBC experiment has worked on Spike, and Fox Sports 1 so far.

ESPN, CBS, Showtime have all been failures. I know they get paid by CBS and Showtime so I guess that doesn't really matter.

NBC was hot at first but has seen a major dip in numbers. Not sure how bounce has done.

My point is it will be very interesting seeing what networks will be willing to put Boxing on there networks after they get done being paid by Al Haymon for the time slots he purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by zoken View Post
              NFL playoffs or not the PBC tv ratings have been bad lately. I don't expect showtime officials to say anything different than what they said. Wilder has been the WBC champs for a while now. He is undefeated, exciting and has a huge personality yet he is not a star. PBC and Showtime have some work to do...
              33 million people were watching the playoff game that was airing at the same time, of course it had an effect.

Let's see how tonight's fights do for PBC. There are no NFL games until tomorrow

Comment

PBC needs to let showtime go its not a good platform to build stars if that fight was on nbc it would have done 3-4 mill

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                  PBC needs to let showtime go its not a good platform to build stars if that fight was on nbc it would have done 3-4 mill
                  Wow, so you stopped being a thirst bucket for women long enough to make an excellent point..congrats... totally agree....Showtime needs to go...if CBS, NBC, or Fox paid Lampley enough money..which they can... they can basically end HBO altogether and create PPV and regular network television...HBO and Showtime are unnecessary money-grabbers here...

I praise Al Haymon for what he's doing here although he's a pos on a personal level..

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    33 million people were watching the playoff game that was airing at the same time, of course it had an effect.

Let's see how tonight's fights do for PBC. There are no NFL games until tomorrow
                    I am not saying that the NFL games didn't have any impact on the ratings. All I am saying is that the PBC fights haven't had great tv ratings lately. It is not just about ratings from last week's fight. A fighter like Wilder should have been a star by now but he is not. Besides, it was stupid idea to schedule a fight last week during an NFL playoffs game.

Comment

Working...
                    X