Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glazkov's Knee Injury Evaluated, Could Be Out For One Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glazkov's Knee Injury Evaluated, Could Be Out For One Year

Totowa, NJ: The radiology report is in and it appears that heavyweight contender Vyacheslav "Czar" Glazkov suffered a more severe knee injury than originally believed in his bout with Charles Martin on Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

When I saw the slow motion cam of the injury I too thought how has he walked from the ring, I guess adrenaline plays some part possibly. I have suffered patella tendon playing contact sports the pain can be excruciating I can not begin to understand the pain of tears and dislocations. All this said I'm glad Glazkov is not holding a belt, he deserves none and neither does Martin for that matter.

Hopefully Martin unifies with Wilder should he get past Povetkin or face the lively Szpilka, who else has Haymon got at heavy top 15 ranked ?

Comment

I would say Glazkov's kicking himself right about now, but that would be in bad taste.

Comment

I don't understand why the fight wasn't a no contest. The injury happened without impact from Martin before 4 rounds were completed.

Comment

Leg or collarbone injuries are the worst for an athlete. That's a year sidelined plus god knows how long he'll take to get his lower body strength fully restored.

Comment

Last thing we needed was for another belt to be held hostage by a pbc fighter. I'm expecting bums from here on out for Martin. Well until haymon's done "marinating" a unification fight between him and wilder

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycontrolet View Post
              I don't understand why the fight wasn't a no contest. The injury happened without impact from Martin before 4 rounds were completed.
              That fight was a No Contest...
              Ruling a KO under the circumstances is more than pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycontrolet View Post
                The injury was not caused by an unintentional foul. He could not continue when he was in the ring. It is evident that his knee gave in but there is no way of knowing at that time

Comment

the prince's power is discombobulatingly devastating. the man will never walk again after taking a grazing punch from the prince

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                    I would say Glazkov's kicking himself right about now, but that would be in bad taste.
                    He should have waited on the winner of Fury/Wlad, he would have got step aside money, plus more money to fight for the real title.
                    Guess we seen why southpaw heavyweights used to turn around in the old days.

Comment

Working...
                    X