Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Confident: Charles Martin is Nothing Special!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Confident: Charles Martin is Nothing Special!

New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker is sure he is on the right path to a world title after watching American Charles Martin claim the vacant IBF belt in New York on Sunday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wish Showtime or HBO did a type of tournament for the heavyweight division like the Super Six was for the Super Middelweights. Participants include:

Tyson Fury
    David Haye
    Joseph Parker
    Anthony Joshua
    Charles Martin
    Louis Ortiz
    Deontay Wilder
    Alexander Povetkin
    Wladimir Klitschko

I'd pay a lot of money to watch these guys fight each other every 2 months.

Comment

Charles Martin Heavyweight Champion 1-D Wow ????

Charles Martin an unknown who from the USA picked up a title belt by beating another Who from the IBF. Fury and Wilder and Ortiz now Martin all with Titles and being called a champion. Good for Charles Martin and his new title-diluted and meaningless as it may be it is still a title belt. No one knows who the hell Chuck Martin is and that is good. More free TV fights on PBC and Spike TV.

Comment

Yes its frustrating, martin wasn't even on the horizon, not even a prospect! The prospects were josh, parker and dillian whyte even .
        But never heard of martin and he's chasmp now? Shouldn't a prospect be first in line or queue?

Comment

Dell boy was right lol. All the fringe heavyweight contenders are slavering for a piece of charles martin.

Comment

i'm thinking haymon makes martin-breazeale next and then wilder gets dibs on the winner, provided he gets past povetkin. i previously suspected wilder would go directly for martin and put off povetkin again, but i was pleased to see that he never forgot his upcoming mandatory obligations even with tyson fury in his face taunting him

Comment

JASON BERGMAN, 25-11-2, THE WORLD'S 11th RANKED SOUTHPAW!!! Southpaw rankings now!! Just when you think the bull**** in this game can't get any ****tier, it does. Parker has talent, no doubt, but it's going to be tough making the improvements he needs if continuing to fight nothing but a mixture of career bums and once useful guys who have decayed down to bum level. Bergman fits the first of those two categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy3008 View Post
                I wish Showtime or HBO did a type of tournament for the heavyweight division like the Super Six was for the Super Middelweights. Participants include:

Tyson Fury
                David Haye
                Joseph Parker
                Anthony Joshua
                Charles Martin
                Louis Ortiz
                Deontay Wilder
                Alexander Povetkin
                Wladimir Klitschko

that'd be great
                but a lot of people would ***** that Haye did nothing to deserve a spot there, even if he'd probably ice most of the fighters on that list

Comment

Originally posted by Guy3008 View Post

Tyson Fury
                  David Haye
                  Joseph Parker
                  Anthony Joshua
                  Charles Martin
                  Louis Ortiz
                  Deontay Wilder
                  Alexander Povetkin
                  Wladimir Klitschko

Would take approximately 2 or 3 years for them to make a heavyweight tournament. You got too many promoters, managers, tv networks and exclusive deals going on.
                  I'd pick Haye or Ortiz to win it all tho.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    that'd be great
                    but a lot of people would ***** that Haye did nothing to deserve a spot there, even if he'd probably ice most of the fighters on that list
                    Why should that matter.....if he Haye can beat most of them that makes him a better fighter. Surely it's about the better fighter and it's not that he is going straight for the title he would have beat fighters in the tournament to earn his title...tournaments are for me a bad idea......you have two promising fighters who are destined to go all the way and I don't want to see a Joseph Parker vs Anthony Joshua before they have even reached there full potential ...not always best fighters wins these kind of tournaments because of the draw or circumstances ..if these two and even wilder continue there gonna be a mega fight down the line...Joshua will soon be mandatory for wilders title

Comment

Working...
                    X