Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter: I Knew Martin Would Be Champ When We Signed Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Promoter: I Knew Martin Would Be Champ When We Signed Him

Boxing promoters and managers tend to have high hopes for most of the fighters they sign. Not all of those dreams become reality, but occasionally they do. And Leon Margules of Warriors Boxing says that he knew the day would come that Charles Martin would have a heavyweight title around his waist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol Martin is no champ.

Comment

it was a pretty extraordinary set of events and he didn't have to show any real skill or talent to become champ aside from being good enough to beat a bunch of bums and being in the ring while glazkov tore his acl, even though that fight being for a title was a little(or a lot) of pbc magic

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        .... even though that fight being for a title was a little(or a lot) of pbc magic
        Why are you blaming PBC when it was Kathy Duva who pushed for this to happen in order to get Glazkov a title shot?

Comment

I mean seriously....this guy is without question the "Heavyweight Champion" with the least amount of pedigree in history. Though its no fault of his own, I cant think of any "champion" in history at any weight that had less of a Championship claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            I mean seriously....this guy is without question the "Heavyweight Champion" with the least amount of pedigree in history. Though its no fault of his own, I cant think of any "champion" in history at any weight that had less of a Championship claim.
            Luck has definitely been on this dude's side. What a way to win your title.... By your opponent rupturing his ACL. He does not want it with Fury, Wilder, Klit, Haye, Jennings, Ortiz, Buster Douglas, Tommy Morrison, Glass Joe, Ali (current Ali), etc. This dude sucks and he's trying to unify. He will definitely lose his 1st title defense. I would like to see him fight Shannon Briggs. That would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
              luck has definitely been on this dude's side. What a way to win your title.... By your opponent rupturing his acl. He does not want it with fury, wilder, klit, haye, jennings, ortiz, buster douglas, tommy morrison, glass joe, ali (current ali), etc. This dude sucks and he's trying to unify. He will definitely lose his 1st title defense. I would like to see him fight shannon briggs. That would be funny.
              lets go champ!!!

Comment

Some of the people downplaying Charles Martin's win are some of the same people who talked a bunch of **** about Oleander Solis or whatever his name is after he ****ed his leg up early in his fight w Vitali...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  it was a pretty extraordinary set of events and he didn't have to show any real skill or talent to become champ aside from being good enough to beat a bunch of bums and being in the ring while glazkov tore his acl, even though that fight being for a title was a little(or a lot) of pbc magic

Are you kidding ?

That was a result of IBF stupidity.

The IBF now have a second-rate champion, congratulations to them.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
                    Luck has definitely been on this dude's side. What a way to win your title.... By your opponent rupturing his ACL. He does not want it with Fury, Wilder, Klit, Haye, Jennings, Ortiz, Buster Douglas, Tommy Morrison, Glass Joe, Ali (current Ali), etc. This dude sucks and he's trying to unify. He will definitely lose his 1st title defense. I would like to see him fight Shannon Briggs. That would be funny.

What with the IBF's stupidity and that injury, this reminds me of that Aussie speed-skater who won the gold medal because the 5 people in front of him fell over on the last corner.

Good for him, can't hold it against him, but the historians won't get too excited about it thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X