Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Ready For Camp, March/April Return Eyed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Ready For Camp, March/April Return Eyed

After his knockout loss to unbeaten Ukrainian Viktor Postol in October of last year, tough Argentinean Lucas Matthysse (37-4, 34KOs) took a much needed vacation with his family in Trelew, Chubut, Argentina.

[Click Here To Read More]

Another fight with Ruslan probably amounts to another 5 years off of both of their careers. Very brutal match the first time around.

Comment

Eye see what you did there

Comment

War Matthysse!

He needs some major changes to his team to make the most of the opportunity left to him, though.

Comment

Hope he gets back on track. He looked bad against postol

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
            Hope he gets back on track. He looked bad against postol

He looked like a finished fighter...

He is having trouble making 140 now and he is getting old. He was gassing hard whilst trying to get to Postol.

all of his weaknesses were exposed stylistically...I don't see what is available for him...he is worthy of being called a champion at that weight...shame he never had the ties like Broner did which enables him to get easy belts.

Comment

Ill follow Lucas to whatever end. Not convinced moving to 147 is a good idea but we will see.

Comment

I'll look forward to having him back, i enjoy his fights.

I wonder how much he has left int he tank at this stage. A loss to a good fighter like Postol is not the end of the world, however.

There is some potential good fights at 147, providing boxing politics don't come into play too much.

Comment

The Return of The Machine

I look forward to seeing Lucas back in the ring. I think he should stay at 140 pounds since there are better fights and easier fights to make than at Welterweight.

I think he needs to make a change to his head trainer in my opinion. Lucas and his team underestimated Postol. They had no game plan and obviously no idea how to fight Postol.

Lucas should do a return fight against either Herrera or Benavidez then rematch Postol.

Comment

After watching Matthysse/Postol and Matthysse/Provod, there's one fight I want to see:

Khan/Matthysse.

To me that's a perfect test for both men. Lucas has no problem going to war and both fighters need momentum. On paper, Amir Khan boxes circles around Lucas, but I know it's nowhere near that simple.

Comment

Working...
                    X