Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francisco Vargas, Jhonny Gonzalez Eyed For Showdown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Francisco Vargas, Jhonny Gonzalez Eyed For Showdown?

According to sources in Mexico, former multi-division champion Jhonny Gonzalez (59-10, 49KOs) is being eyed as a potential opponent for newly crowned WBC super featherweight champion Francisco Vargas (23-0-1, 17KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Why? I'm a huge fan of both men but Jhonny is past it. It just doesn't make sense to me. If it does happen, I see the fresher Vargas beating Gonzalez into retirement. On paper, it's not a horrific fight due to Jhonny's name. However, considering Jhonny's recent run of 2-2 and only winning against overmatched opponents, I see no resistance from El Bombardero. Vargas has showed his grit, heart and chin by taking some monstrous shots from Miura and a past it but hard punching JuanMa in the past, unless Jhonny lands a sneaky left hook and surprises Vargas, I don't see it ending well at all for El Bombardero.

Vargas deserves an easier fight since he's coming off a grueling come from behind win against Miura, but I would prefer to see him against someone else. Since Rocky seems to be locking horns with youngster Miguel Berchelt, why doesn't Vargas go after Salido? I know he just wanted the Salido vs Rocky III winner in order to unify, but it wouldn't be a bad match up at all to go after the lonely dance partner. Interesting nonetheless, let's see whom Vargas and Golden Boy decide to go after.

Comment

Its amazing how long Gonzalez has been a top 10 fighter and champ. Maybe the longest time a current fighter has been in the top 10. Can anyone think of any other active fighter? But his time is near and it is hard imagining him landing that one hailmaker although Vargas was dropped in his last fight. Still, I see Vargas' volume being too much for Gonzalez. Respect to him for all these years in the top 10 of one division or another.

Comment

WBC stay ranking undeserved Mexicans high

Comment

golden boy making the "best" fights again...smmfh...
          give me a break...scared to ask al haymon to let him on pbc? scared that hbo will ruin canelo if he does!...wants to give us fights through freaking ****** streams..
          i heard thrunderbum********** on youtube being made at badou jack bc he wants his first voluntary defense vs chavez...so i'm expecting him to come out and call BS all over this...BUT DONT WORRY IT WONT HAPPEN...im sure it has nothing to do with race, floyd/haymon/pbc, or nothing like that..right??

oscar "all the best fights" De La Hoe can kick rocks with this crap

Comment

tevin farmer would take the fight
            edner cherry would take the fight
            ..i dont see why u need to bring jhonny in for no other reason to secure a win...
            i ultimately have to hope that jhonny catches him and ends him..
            tired of unacceptable fights and rooting for underdogs

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              ..i dont see why u need to bring jhonny in for no other reason to secure a win...
              GoldenBoy just shut this whole Jhonny fight speculation down.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                Wish you had the same criticism towards Haymon fighters

we all know why you don't doe

Comment

I would like to see Gonzales get one more title shot.

Comment

Gonzalez will get hurt really badly...

Comment

Working...
                    X