No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com 2015 Knockout of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com 2015 Knockout of The Year

By Jake Donovan - At some point, a fight has to carry that 'Oh s***' moment in order to make a Knockout of the Year list. Not just any knockout will do, but the kind of highlight reel ending that leaves an impression on fans the moment they bear witness to it and again when reading about it at the end of the year.

Every once in a while, there comes an ending that few outside of the winning fighter’s camp ever saw coming. It’s not just something that happens in an instance, but to where you still can’t believe the end result even months after it happened.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sad to see my 4th favorite fighter of all time in Roy Jones go from an era where he was the fighter of the year (decade) to knockout loss of the year candidate, and on more than one occasion. That is just not right, falling that far and that hard, literally and figuratively. I'm glad my all-time favorite in Leonard gave it up after his last two losses. Only stopped once and not concussive. That would have pained my heart greatly if he had been concussively stopped.
    Last edited by richardt; 01-03-2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Danny O'Connor vs Gabriel Bracero??? what are you guys watching? this ******.

Comment

Povetkin vs Perez surely deserves a mention?

Maybe the result wasnt that shocking (though Perez was known to be tough and durable from the Mago fight) but to do it in the first round, and to hurt him with almost the first punch thrown too, is very inpressive. It definitely had the 'oh ****' moment for me

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Danny O'Connor vs Gabriel Bracero??? what are you guys watching? this ******.
          my thoughts exactly...all my winner will be high level competition vs high level competittion...huck vs glowacki...or povertkin vs perez...jacobs quillen..]]boxingscene got this all wrong

Comment

There you have it folks, you can't win KOTY if you don't show up on TV regularly.

Comment

Im surprised it isnt Mayweather KO3 Pacquiao or Mayweather KO1 Berto. Or is it taking Floyd fans longer these days to re-write history?

Comment

Can't think of many KO's that really shocked me I admit the Perez KO at the hands of Povetkin did take me by surprise I never expected that and maybe Wladimir KOing Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Can't think of many KO's that really shocked me I admit the Perez KO at the hands of Povetkin did take me by surprise I never expected that and maybe Wladimir KOing Pulev.
                  I'd have voted for Povetkin-Perez had it ended with the first knockdown. The fact that the ref let it continue left the actual ending a bit anticlimactic, even though it was seconds later. When I pick a knockout, to me it's about the actual knockout sequence.

Wlad-Pulev was actually Nov. '14 which is why it was not on this year's list. It received honorable mention last year (ironically w/ Povetkin winning honors in his knockout of Carlos Takam).

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    There you have it folks, you can't win KOTY if you don't show up on TV regularly.
                    Next year we will make sure to pick a knockout off-TV that nobody saw. Will that make you feel better?

Comment

Working...
                    X