Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Sees Canelo-Golovkin in 2017, Needs Time To Cook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Sees Canelo-Golovkin in 2017, Needs Time To Cook

It's not clear just when - and if - Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez will defend his WBC middleweight title against their interim-titlist Gennady Golovkin. The WBC has announced a resolution that both boxers will be allowed to make voluntary defenses by May, with a negotiation process to take place after both respective fights have concluded. The hope is that the two will share a ring at some point in the second half of 2016.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i suppose that's a logical position to take if you are heavily invested in alvarez winning. the older golovkin is, the better canelo's chances naturally will be

Comment

... canelo has all the time in the wold to fight GGG... If Canelo fails to fight him later in 2016, canelo will be stripped and he may fight GGG in 2017, 2018... whenever he "is ready"... No rush, therefore...

Comment

The first fighter who takes lil g to the scorecards and had some success will get the controversial win golden boy going doneverything in they power to derail that collision course for as long as they can

Comment

in before the Merchant and Lil G lovers have to choose sides,,,this should be REALLY good

Comment

I have no worries with Canelo binding his time, we all know he isn't ready now and a GGG win over Canelo now would not be that "Great" and I think this is why Team GGG themselves are willing to wait without causing too much issues.

Comment

The only reason one would wait is fear

If GB tries to push it to 2017, GGG should have the belt stripped and move on. Let Canelo have that stain on his career.

Comment

we all know GGG will retire cinnamon, I agree with merchant here, he'll only fight him when GGG is a grandpa, which something to be proud of. #mexicanpride

Comment

I can't see how any reasonable boxing fan can suggest a "marination" is needed for the best 2 guys in a division to fight in particular when one of them is almost 34. And lets not GGG has had big fights with Martinez & Cotto "marinated" long enough to never happen already.

Comment

War GGG !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X