No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Events Attorney on The Fury/Glazkov Title Rift

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Main Events Attorney on The Fury/Glazkov Title Rift

In 1990 Evander Holyfield was the mandatory contender for the Heavyweight Title then held by Mike Tyson. Though Tyson's title defense was overdue, Tyson was permitted to engage in an optional title defense with James Buster Douglas. As we all know, Douglas won by knockout.

Thereafter all hell broke loose. Don King, at the time Douglas' promoter, and one of the ratings organizations wanted a rematch, avoiding Holyfield. The other organizations were prepared to follow their rules and directed that the Holyfield mandatory take place.

Litigation ensued. Holyfield prevailed and fought James Buster Douglas. Holyfield's career turned out to be legendary.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Main events could of negotiated that winner of rematch face her bum next and fought for three titles instead of having him stripped by asking to go straight to purse bid, no spin control is going change facts

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
      Main events could of negotiated that winner of rematch face her bum next and fought for three titles instead of having him stripped by asking to go straight to purse bid, no spin control is going change facts
      Main Events said they tried to do that, but Fury's people didn't want to. ME represented their fighter well and offered to negotiate a step aside. You can't ask for more than that. Why shouldn't they do whatever it takes to get their fighter paid?

Comment

Comparing this Glazkov situation to Holyfield-Tyson. :laff: :durr1:

Rankings should contain an extra factor in determining how fights are made - DEMAND. Mandatory, sure; waiting in line, sure; PUBLIC DEMAND, should trump everything.

Comment

Get the f#ck outta here with that bs "Main Events Attorney" guy. No one...no one who's won a title should be losing it via politics in a week. Thats all I know. The mfer ain't even got the title yet last I heard & its already stripped lol.

Like I've said in other threads I wouldn't have been surprised if even Klitschko would have been on board with allowing Fury a mandatory to be able to keep all these belts Klitschko earned over the years & that Fury earned just a week & a half ago. When the period of talks to figure this out goes from Dec. 30 to Dec. 11 to being stripped prior to Dec. 11 it seems like there is a bigger agenda in play than anything else to me. F#ck the alphabet groups.

Comment

Originally posted by wasporbee View Post
            Main Events said they tried to do that, but Fury's people didn't want to. ME represented their fighter well and offered to negotiate a step aside. You can't ask for more than that. Why shouldn't they do whatever it takes to get their fighter paid?
            I believe not one word coming out of Kathy the dyke mouth or her motorboat mouth daughter, ibf stated ME asked for immediate purse bid didn't want to negotiate with champ

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Comparing this Glazkov situation to Holyfield-Tyson. :laff: :durr1:

Rankings should contain an extra factor in determining how fights are made - DEMAND. Mandatory, sure; waiting in line, sure; PUBLIC DEMAND, should trump everything.
              I don't think thats fair. I mean granted the rankings are bs, how the IBF figured that Glazkov & Martin are the top two HW contenders musta took a lot of drugs &/or corruption to figure out I'm sure, but ideally being the #1 guy should mean something regardless if he's popular or not.

I mainly just think there should be a lil more time setup to make fights happen in particular for HUGE situations like this one where Fury was just a top HW boxer on Saturday morning & by Saturday night people are getting outraged & starting petitions about him cuz of things he's said & he's needing to plan fights when he's got all sorts of complicated issues being thrown at him. I don't expect Glazkov to have to wait forever either, but I think sticking with the original Dec. 30 date to figure things out woulda been fairer to Fury to give a lil more leeway with this & with boxing fans to keep the belts intact & have less confusion with a whole new champion @ HW.

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
                School the Cats -

Fury wasn't willing to pay a step aside fee, so Glazkov had nothing to gain by waiting.
                i dont think he ever got a chance too

Comment

Go to main events twitter page. Fans are upset and Main Events is in full spin mode. Peter Fury said they never said they wouldn't work with Main Events. I'm still waiting to hear what Mick Hennessy has to say about what happened. One minute they said they waited days for a return call from Hennessy. Then today the IBF said they were notified by Main Events, telling them they weren't willing to negotiate, one day after the IBF emailed ME/Hennessy telling them to begin negotiations. Now Main Events story has changed from Hennessy not wanting to negotiate to they had to call for the purse bid because they knew Hennessy wouldn't negotiate, without asking them. That company is a cluster****

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
                    School the Cats -

Fury wasn't willing to pay a step aside fee, so Glazkov had nothing to gain by waiting.
                    Wasn't given the chance to, day ibf announced fury-glazkov talks to begin duva sent ibf a letter stating would not negotiate and asked for immediate purse bid

Comment

Working...
                    X