Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto PPV Pulls in 900K Viewers, $58M in Revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto PPV Pulls in 900K Viewers, $58M in Revenue

From the moment the fight was announced, the November 21 showdown between Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Miguel Cotto was one that fight fans recognized as the centerpiece of the 4th quarter boxing schedule.

Confirmation of that level of interest came in the HBO Pay-Per-View results, with the network reporting on Thursday that the telecast sold 900,000 units.
    [Click Here To Read More]

650K doe

Comment

1 buy and $70 Revenue. I was way off

Comment

Canelo is the new A side everyone needs to bow down

Comment

Higher than I expected (~750K), but not great.

Comment

Anyone know the gate number ?

Comment

Thats pretty good. I was expecting a lower number cuz there seemed to be little buzz the month before the fight. Still good numbers and I'm sure they will keep growing.

Comment

That's a low number. Boxing in general needed 1mil. It did like 50k less than the rousey mismatch(as it was presumed at the time). That's also with two big names! I can't see how canelo keeps these numbers up considering Cotto was the biggest name out there for him at moment. As much as we want GGG-canelo, its clear they wont pull in more numbers than this.

Comment

Better than expected. Not bad at all. But a far cry from Oscar's crazy predictions.

Comment

that means Lil G better get used to eating like this if he wanna shot

Comment

Working...
                    X