No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: DeGale-Bute, Alvarez-Chilemba Face-Offs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: DeGale-Bute, Alvarez-Chilemba Face-Offs

QUEBEC CITY, Canada – Boldly predicting at least a sixth-round finish against hometown favorite Lucian Bute, a confident James DeGale held his IBF Super Middleweight World Championship belt high over his head during the main event press conference in advance of Saturday’s SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING event.

“Gonna be six rounds, but it may be three,” DeGale repeated over and over as the fighters concluded their final shots for a packed room of media members on Wednesday at the Le Bonne Entente Hotel. DeGale (21-1, 14 KOs), from London, England, defends against the popular former 168-pound world champion Bute (32-2, 25 KOs), of Montreal, this Saturday from the Vidéotron Centre in Quebec City, live on SHOWTIME at 11 p.m. ET/PT.
    [Click Here To Read More]

how good is alvarez? never seen him.

Comment

This isn't a look of confidence.

Comment

Alvarez once reminded me of a slower version of Chilemba and I never thought they would meet up. Chilemba the better boxer, faster, and Alvarez with a little power. I have to go with Chilemba for the win here.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Alvarez once reminded me of a slower version of Chilemba and I never thought they would meet up. Chilemba the better boxer, faster, and Alvarez with a little power. I have to go with Chilemba for the win here.
          he lost to tony bellew......TONY BELLEW FFS.

Comment

Is DeGale sick?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              he lost to tony bellew......TONY BELLEW FFS.
              I don't think you actually read what I was talking about. I was making a comparison between Chilemba and Alvarez' style, not calling Chilemba some ATG.
              Last edited by richardt; 11-25-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                So you must think even less of Alvarez since he has fought lessor comp than the guys Chilemba has beat. And the point I was making was the comparison between Chilemba and Alvarez' style.
                like i said i haven't seen alvarez fight, but despite chilemba being tough and durable i stuck alvarez in my accumulator for the above fact ^
                tony bellew is simply terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  like i said i haven't seen alvarez fight, but despite chilemba being tough and durable i stuck alvarez in my accumulator for the above fact ^
                  tony bellew is simply terrible.
                  No one is indicating Chilemba is some ATG. What I am saying is they remind me of each other in their styles with the difference that one is slower and has slightly more power and the other faster and a better boxer which makes this a solid even matchup.

Comment

Working...
                  X