No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy VP: No Rematch Clause For Cotto-Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy VP: No Rematch Clause For Cotto-Canelo

While it has been widely speculated that there is a rematch clause between Miguel Cotto and Saul Alvarez, who fought this past weekend at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. But that's not the case according to Eric Gomez, the vice president of Golden Boy Promotions, which represents Alvarez.

After twelve rounds of action, Canelo won a wide decision over Cotto top capture the vacant WBC middleweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The current plan is for Alvarez to fight again on Cinco De Mayo weekend.
    Will laff if Mayweather returns and denies Alvarez his Cinco de Mayo fight yet again.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants some of that MW title action to add to his collection - even if it means an Alvarez rematch. The WBC could just as well blow off Golovkin for that.

Comment

No need

Really I don't see any reason for a rematch.....Right now at Canelo's stage of his career he needs to move on up to Middleweight and fight the top guys there. It's time. Enough with this catch weight bs.

Cotto needs to move down weight and fight a Tim Bradley or Kell Brook. Cotto was never a middleweight to begin with and it showed this past weekend. His power punches did not faze canelo and he didn't really land much off his jabs that he landed.

Both are at opposite ends of there careers and they both should move on.

Not to mention they won't sell more pay per views as they did this past weekend

Comment

This karma because if I recall the negotiations hit a snag over a rematch clause that golden boy wanted to add but cotto refused. Even cottos manager came out talking smack about not wanting the rematch clause saying if the fight is good enough it will happen again why we need a contract for it. Cotto being a diva didn't want to have to fight canelo again if he eked out close win. Now that canelo won wide and easy he wants a rematch? Canelo should tell that diva Bye Felicia. lol

Comment

whats the point of a rematch ? i mean honestly

Comment

No need for a rematch. Canelo would probably stop him if they fought again.
            I'd like to see Canelo fight the Lee-Saunders winner but it'll most likely be Clottey at a CW if he beats Rosado

Comment

Fans don't want a rematch besides a few delusional cotto fans nobody thought he won few thought the fight was very close. I gave cotto 3 rounds max. A year older cotto won't do any better. Couldn't outbox canelo and if he stands and trades instead of get on his bike he gets knocked out next time. Roach don't even sound like he wants a rematch he was talking about cotto going back to 154 and saying he'd like to see canelo fight GGG. That's the fight fans are talking about not a rematch to a fight cotto can't win.

Comment

Cotto was robbed! We demand an investigation and a rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                  Cotto was robbed! We demand an investigation and a rematch!
                  Here’s a look at the complete punch stats as compiled by CompuBox.

Cotto v Canelo

629 Total punches thrown 484
                  129 Total punches connected 155
                  21% Percentage 32%

374 Total jabs thrown 186
                  54 Total jabs connected 37
                  14% Percentage 20%

255 Total power punches thrown 298
                  75 Total power punches connected 118
                  14% Percentage 40%

Cotto missed 500 punches lol Cotto lost and it wasn't close. Canelo landed more and had the harder shots that did damaged. Made Cotto miss a lot with his defense slipping punches and countering busting up his face. Cotto gets knocked out if he's not on his bike.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-24-2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

No point in a rematch. Im just wondering who is next for Canelo cause I know its not GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X