No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francisco Vargas Open To Facing Martinez-Salido Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Francisco Vargas Open To Facing Martinez-Salido Winner

Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada - Francisco "El Bandido" Vargas (23-0-1) captured the WBC super featherweight title in dramatic fashion when he got off the deck to stop Takashi Miura (29-3-2) in the 9th round on the HBO Pay-Per-View undercard to Miguel Cotto vs. Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The fight will be a strong contender for 2015 Fight of the Year when voting commences. [Click Here To Read More]

A train crash! Wow! Make it happen

Comment

**** yes! I would love either fight, Vargas always comes to fight and so do Siri and Martinez. The only thing would be the possibility of Martinez moving up to 135, seeing as how that was in his plans if I recall correctly. However, either name would look good on Vargas' resume.

I love how El Bandido is steadily developing a nice little resume. Lopez, Miura, Tomlinson and now a possibility of adding Salido/Martinez, pretty good.

Comment

Rocky's downfall will be trying to squeeze down to130lbs , he should fight atn135 , younger fighters like canelo could get away with cutting so much weight but rocky is in danger of getting really hurt at his age

Comment

who else jumped up from their seat when Vargas dropped Miura?

Comment

Count Me In

I would love to see if Martinez or Salido would have the balls to fight Francisco Vargas. I think either fight would be great with him.

But I don't think either fighter goes past 6 rounds with Vargas. He's way to skilled for either and has as much powers as either.

Also I'm not sure if this fight can be made. Aren't both with Al Haymon? Hopefully I am wrong because that would be a awesome fight for Golden Boy to make.

I look forward to seeing a whole lot more of Vargas on HBO

That was a classic fight Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
              I was at the edge of my seat from beginning to the end of the fight. I was a fan of Vargas before the fight and I was telling a bunch of people that this was going to be the best fight on the entire card.

And was I right. These guys were so impressive. I mean so powerful and skillful. I didn't expect Miura to be as great as he was. His stock went way up.

This was Gatti/Ward in my opinion. I can't wait till they fight each other again.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                I did!! I went ape ****. The dudes a weapon! Love watching him fight!!

Comment

Now im conflicted, DAMN

I want salido to whoop on rocky but at the same time I would love to see vargas vs rocky!

Damn it, fuck it death to the rican either way so Im down!

Comment

Originally posted by gauchomalo View Post
                    Rocky's downfall will be trying to squeeze down to130lbs , he should fight atn135 , younger fighters like canelo could get away with cutting so much weight but rocky is in danger of getting really hurt at his age
                    Rocky loses steam late, like he needs a candy bar or snack. I'm not going to lie, I had Juanma, but Vargas tore right through him and seeing how the Miura KO came late, that's not good for Rocky. If Rocky can make 130 again, beat Salido for real and move up.

Comment

Working...
                    X