No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rips Roach For His Work In Cotto’s Corner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rips Roach For His Work In Cotto’s Corner

Floyd Mayweather Jr. can’t understand why the trainer who got a lot of credit for Miguel Cotto’s comeback hasn’t been blamed for his work in Cotto’s corner Saturday night.

Mayweather – who along with his father/trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr., has been a frequent critic of famed trainer Freddie Roach – ripped Roach during an interview with fighthype.com for failing to give Cotto the proper advice against Canelo Alvarez in their middleweight title fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Mexico’s Alvarez (46-1-1, 32 KOs) won their 12-round bout by unanimous decision, though Puerto Rico’s Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) seemingly deserved more credit for his competitive performance than the three judges gave him (119-109, 118-110, 117-111).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well Cotto might fire him anyways, most of the time when he loses he blames it on his trainers.... so we might see a change soon.

Comment

roach is just good at picking the right opponents at the right weight (drained).

Comment

Well i've always said i don't think Cotto has improved under Roach, he had just been very well matched since the Trout loss and dined out on beating Sergio "Stephen Hawking" Martinez.

However i do think Roach did an excellent job with Pacquiao. Some people work well together and i think they do. Manny and Roach achieved a hell of a lot together. Took a few losses but so what, that's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          Well i've always said i don't think Cotto has improved under Roach, he had just been very well matched since the Trout loss and dined out on beating Sergio "Stephen Hawking" Martinez.

However i do think Roach did an excellent job with Pacquiao. Some people work well together and i think they do. Manny and Roach achieved a hell of a lot together. Took a few losses but so what, that's boxing.
          i disagree pac was matched well and any fighters that were a threat they were drained, cotto DLH & margarito

Comment

Originally posted by IHATEBOBARUM1 View Post
            roach is just good at picking the right opponents at the right weight (drained).
            It makes me wonder when Manny was on a tear in 2009 was he really in his prime or was he a product of good matchmaking and Ariza shakes. Manny arguably lost to Marquez just the year prior and suddenly a year later he looks like an absolute beast.

Comment

Looks like Floyd lost money on Cotto.

Comment

Silly pr!ck wanted Cotto to win for his 2016 comeback for the middleweight belts . . . He hasn't got the balls to get in with Canelo again or GGG . . So this screwed up his plans

Comment

Outside of Mayweather saying that Roach isn't legendary (because he definitely is), he was pretty much on point about everything else. Still though, I saw Cotto doing everything he could. No amount of advice from Roach was going to change the outcome of the fight. Canelo was too big, and surprisingly too skilled for Cotto. For a 25 year old he's looking like an absolute animal.

Comment

Cotto didn't listen much to Freddie, all because of the size difference, Canelo clearly hit harder and Cotto didn't listen when he was told not to allow Canelo to come forward. What I saw was some good ducking and dodging from Cotto though, reminiscing of Floyd's superb defense skills.

Comment

Working...
                    X