No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Former four division world champion Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33KOs) disagrees with the outcome of Saturday's fight at the at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Cotto lost a very twelve round unanimous decision to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, who picked up the WBC middleweight title with the victory.

After twelve rounds, the scores were announced as 117-111, 119-109 and 118-110. Many in the press felt the scoring was too wide in Canelo's favor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Nicqa i couldn't find 5 rounds to give to your freezing-up-when-buzzed ass! You did well, you won 4 rounds and looked fantastic in rounds! Let it go! 8 rounds wut?!

Comment

Cotto is the worst loser ever, but there is no way that Canelo won 11 rounds.

Comment

Cotto is worse than Marquez. Dude still thinks hes undefeated.

Comment

I get that he thinks he won, but he didn't! no robbery here, move along

Comment

awww man....lol

Comment

Not a good look for Cotto. The scorecards were crap but he didn't win the fight. I had it 7-5 Canelo.

Comment

I sympathize with Cotto a little bit because the scorecards were too one sided I thought.

Canelo definitely won. Cotto had to work twice as hard as Canelo did just to stay in the fight- but you have to give him credit because he hung in there and never wilted.

Canelo was just too much, and Cotto never earned his respect with his punches. The kid is just too big and his power shots were dramatic compared to Cotto's. So I understand how it could be seen that way. I had Cotto losing by 3 rounds. His punches weren't as thudding or eye catching but had to give him credit for everything he was able to land.

He definitely didn't win the fight though, time to drop back down the scale.

Comment

NO WAY

this is not like Lara vs Canelo, here you have Canelo winning in ANY scoring system you want to use, I can't see how you can give more than 4-5 (5 is gift) rounds to Cotto, more likely is 8-4 for canelo or 9-3, few rounds were close.

Canelo was more effective than Cotto in every compartment, offensevely and defensively.

Cotto didn't fight bad and did what he could, but Canelo was just too strong for him and he couldn't hurt him, while canelo DID hurt Cotto many times.

I'm a fan of both guys, but really can't see how you can score Cotto winning or even a draw, there is no way.

No robbery, the right guy won the fight this time, absolutely.
                    Last edited by Helm; 11-23-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X