Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas Rises From Canvas, Rallies To Stop Miura In Nine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas Rises From Canvas, Rallies To Stop Miura In Nine

Francisco Vargas walked through hell in order to claim his first major title, overcoming a knockdown and cuts under and over his right eye to stop Takashi Miura in the 9th round of a thriller Saturday evening at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The super featherweight title fight was deemed by many experts as a potential show-stealer leading into the main event between Miguel Cotto and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Both fighter did their part, overcoming adversity in a thrilling title fight featuring several momentum shifts. [Click Here To Read More]

Fight of the year and amazing comback. Good s h i t !

Comment

Whqt a fight ! Good fight to go into tge main event

Comment

Man that fight got all hyped up, for the main event.

I thought that miura could hang a little more there, tony weeks step in a bit early, but very good fight. Good for Vargas!

Comment

Crazy fight! good way to wake people up from Rigo.

Comment

What a fight!!

I wanna see Walters vs Vargas next

Comment

What a great fight!! Back and forth, frantic ending.

Comment

That my friends....was a great fight!!

Comment

Both men came to fight, did not see this result coming when the round started

Comment

if the ref had stepped in while miura was flailing around the ring moments earlier i'd have no doubts, but it seemed as if his head was starting to clear and his legs were steadying when weeks actually chose to step in. but it was great regardless. would love a rematch

Comment

Working...
                    X