Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley Feels Rios Should Reconsider Retirement Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley Feels Rios Should Reconsider Retirement Decision

WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (33-1-1, 13KOs) made a big statement on Saturday night, when he knocked out Brandon Rios in nine rounds at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

It was the first knockout defeat of Rios' career and his third defeat in his last five fights. At only 29-years-old, Rios announced his retirement at Saturday's post-fight press conference.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with what Bradley is saying but Rios knows his body and mental makeup. This was an unusually long layoff for Brandon and he didn't stay in shape. He's had trouble making weight during shorter periods of inactivity. He got popped for using PED's to cut weight. He's not dedicated enough to the sport and with his style of fighting is better for him to retire

Comment

No Rios needs to retire now dude a walking punching bag and keep the little sense he has in tact

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        I agree with what Bradley is saying but Rios knows his body and mental makeup. This was an unusually long layoff for Brandon and he didn't stay in shape. He's had trouble making weight during shorter periods of inactivity. He got popped for using PED's to cut weight. He's not dedicated enough to the sport and with his style of fighting is better for him to retire
        Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
        No Rios needs to retire now dude a walking punching bag and keep the little sense he has in tact

this and this.

rios made a lot of money. a lot. if he's been smart with his money he doesn't need to fight any more.

the guy doesn't have a lot of brain cells to lose. he doesn't have a style that lends itself to fighting at higher weights. he doesn't have the advantages he had at 135 lbs, where he was one of the biggest fighters i've ever seen at the weight.

cutting weight the way he did ruins a fighter.

Comment

I feel like Rios has had a foot out the door for at least his last couple fights. He probably should've retired after the Manny fight. Guessing there is about 1M+ reasons he didn't.

The only thing I wish we coulda seen with Rios is Rios vs Ortiz.

Comment

Dude was a punch drunk case waiting to happen, hell he kinda sounds like he already is now at times. This dude ate himself out of some decent paydays...go and watch the 25/7 for Pacquaio vs Rios where he gets mad at his wife for not frying him food while he's in the middle of training for a fight.

Comment

Well

that was a stupid statement by Bradley. Rios is done..

Comment

he needs to make money if his ass stays active he can beat the c class levels for the remainder of his career and be good

Comment

I don't know, makes Bradley look better if he's the guy who knocked out and retired Brandon Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I don't know, makes Bradley look better if he's the guy who knocked out and retired Brandon Rios.
                    I don't know would still like to see Brandon vs. Victor Ortiz and Brandon vs. Ruslan Provdnikov

Comment

Working...
                    X