Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Fighting Words' - Bradley-Rios: Their Own Worst Enemies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'Fighting Words' - Bradley-Rios: Their Own Worst Enemies

by David P. Greisman - Timothy Bradley’s nickname is “Desert Storm,” taken from the name of a deejay he heard referenced on the radio but otherwise recalling the name of the operation that brought the U.S. military into battle in Iraq in 1991. Despite his nickname, Bradley is better off avoiding war altogether.

Bradley isn’t quite built like a tank. He is indeed mostly muscle, biceps jutting from each arm like a large scoop of ice cream on a banana split, highly defined abs that seem cartoonishly swollen, as if the costume George Clooney wore in “Batman and Robin” was modeled off Bradley’s midsection. But otherwise he is small in stature, compact at 5-foot-6 and despite that still with nary an ounce of body fat to be seen when he drops below the welterweight limit of 147 pounds. [Click Here To Read More]

We love flawed fighters....They are the most fun to watch & grow w/ both inside & outside of the ring. Teddy Atlas is a godsend for TB. & vice versa as well actually. People forget who he learned the fight game from...The great Cus D'amato. Teddy was right there for the building up & creation of the great Micheal Tyson...He was a part of that. He is old skool to the core & knows what a great fighter needs. Tim is old skool in the way that he can accept that style of training & input. That was the best TB I've ever seen. & what is interesting to me is that Teddy throughout the fight kept reinforcing Timothy's focus....precisely the flaw that this article is referencing. Teddy is going to enhance Tim's mental capacity by leaps and bounds. It's really going to be something to behold. bc that coupled w/ his will to win...His physical capabilities & attitude....Tim could be scary. I'd love to see that AMir Khan showdown. When Teddy screamed "Can You Be Strong For 15 Min??" Can You Deal W/ The Fire That's Coming?? WE ARE FIREMEN THE HEAT DOESN'T BOTHER US....WE CONTROL THE FLAMES & EXTINGUISH THE FIRE!!!!! maan that gave me chills...

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
      We love flawed fighters....They are the most fun to watch & grow w/ both inside & outside of the ring. Teddy Atlas is a godsend for TB. & vice versa as well actually. People forget who he learned the fight game from...The great Cus D'amato. Teddy was right there for the building up & creation of the great Micheal Tyson...He was a part of that. He is old skool to the core & knows what a great fighter needs. Tim is old skool in the way that he can accept that style of training & input. That was the best TB I've ever seen. & what is interesting to me is that Teddy throughout the fight kept reinforcing Timothy's focus....precisely the flaw that this article is referencing. Teddy is going to enhance Tim's mental capacity by leaps and bounds. It's really going to be something to behold. bc that coupled w/ his will to win...His physical capabilities & attitude....Tim could be scary. I'd love to see that AMir Khan showdown. When Teddy screamed "Can You Be Strong For 15 Min??" Can You Deal W/ The Fire That's Coming?? WE ARE FIREMEN THE HEAT DOESN'T BOTHER US....WE CONTROL THE FLAMES & EXTINGUISH THE FIRE!!!!! maan that gave me chills...
      No doubt, Atlas is about the most intense trainer I've seen in a long time. Can Bradley keep up?

Comment

I could never understand how a fighter doesn't stay in shape between fights. Their bodies are their greatest tool, outside of their minds. A fighter letting himself get fat and out of shape between fights, is like a mechanic leaving his tool box out in the rain between jobs.

Comment

Bradley beats Rios with Joel Diaz the same way by KO

Bradley beats Rios with Joel Diaz. Bradley has one hell of a record with Diaz now watch Teddy take all the credit for Bradley's whole career. Teddy is going to make $100,000 or more each fight with Bradley and with ESPN weekly boxing gone Teddy had no fricking job?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            I could never understand how a fighter doesn't stay in shape between fights. Their bodies are their greatest tool, outside of their minds. A fighter letting himself get fat and out of shape between fights, is like a mechanic leaving his tool box out in the rain between jobs.
            Or a carpenter...That was a really good analogy bra. To answer ur response to my post...I honestly think Tim will relish this opportunity. He already has really good habits. You see he sorta luvs that old skool die hard mentality. Ala him tryna go into the pac fight like Mike w/ no socks. Plus he's not like younger guys from this gen...who don't like to be spoken harsh to. He's military. & that's really wut old skool is all about yelling...& focus...& being strong & tough. Tim is made for Teddy. If only Tim had devastating power. We might see something special. We still may get it. Just watch that old footage of mike perfecting his striking on the heavy bag & his movement to get inside....& think about tim going through that kind of precise training. Then Imagine him having been doing this for the last 5 year. What would that have been like?? This makes a pac rematch actually dangerous for Manny. I honestly don't know why people haven't been kicking Teddy's door down forever.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
              Bradley beats Rios with Joel Diaz.
              With Diaz in the corner it would have gone like this, round by round:
              1. "Good job Tim, keep your F'n head!"
              2. "What the F you doing Tim!? You're not listening to me!! Don't go toe-to-toe!! I'MA STOP IT!!

Diaz was poison for Bradley, despite the past. Atlas was a motivator. Diaz was a threatener.

Comment

Bam Bam ate his words 'muy puto'.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  With Diaz in the corner it would have gone like this, round by round:
                  1. "Good job Tim, keep your F'n head!"
                  2. "What the F you doing Tim!? You're not listening to me!! Don't go toe-to-toe!! I'MA STOP IT!!

Diaz was poison for Bradley, despite the past. Atlas was a motivator. Diaz was a threatener.
                  Look at bradley's record with Diaz one fricking loss in 32 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                    Bradley beats Rios with Joel Diaz. Bradley has one hell of a record with Diaz now watch Teddy take all the credit for Bradley's whole career. Teddy is going to make $100,000 or more each fight with Bradley and with ESPN weekly boxing gone Teddy had no fricking job?
                    Actually, Atlas specifically said after the fight that all credit belongs to Bradley for doing what was necessary in training to win the fight in separate interviews to different members of the media.
                    Did you not see any of the PBC on ESPN broadcasts with Teddy Atlas and the rest of the Friday Night Fights crew? And besides, Bradley specifically requested Teddy Atlas. Atlas didn't go looking for a fighter to train. Get your facts straight.

Comment

Working...
                    X