Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I 100% Support Rios' Retirement Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I 100% Support Rios' Retirement Decision

Timothy Bradley battered Brandon Rios en route to a ninth-round technical knockout in a lopsided welterweight bout that had a dejected Rios announcing his retirement.

Bradley on Saturday retained his World Boxing Organization world title, improving to 33-1-1 with 13 wins inside the distance with the triumph at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Rios has shown absloute class in defeat and I wish nothing but success in his retirement...even the toughest chins in the world can take enough and he is right when he said he don't want to seriously hurt....I see interview with Rios and Garcia just after the weigh in and he seemed more civilised and to me he was ready to retire even before the fight .....respect

Comment

He can't make WW without killing himself and can't go up in weight because he's not skilled enough to compete with guys his own size. Retirement is the right decision.

Comment

More than any name fighter out there Rios does need to retire.

The writing has been on the wall somewhat since he fought John Murray years ago.

Just a bit dangerous in how he makes weight and his struggles with it. Glad that Brook fight did not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          More than any name fighter out there Rios does need to retire.

The writing has been on the wall somewhat since he fought John Murray years ago.

Just a bit dangerous in how he makes weight and his struggles with it. Glad that Brook fight did not happen.
          Bradley is eons above Brook in skill. Stop it.

Comment

REALLY, amazing how nobody, the fighter, his trainer, his camp DOESN't see he's outta shape and has nothing left.
            The LOOSERS are the FANS who expected a GREAT FIGHT take the money and F the fans

Comment

Originally posted by baddog View Post
              REALLY, amazing how nobody, the fighter, his trainer, his camp DOESN't see he's outta shape and has nothing left.
              The LOOSERS are the FANS who expected a GREAT FIGHT take the money and F the fans
              Oh best believe they all knew, but money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                Bradley is eons above Brook in skill. Stop it.
                Agreed. But...

Brook would have hit him quite hard repeatedly in the head.

Comment

I never believe a retirement of a under 30 boxer, but hope Rios has enough money & perhaps a future training guys or doing something with Garcia or anything that will keep him working instead of at home thinking about getting in the ring again.

He seemed like he had one foot out the door for his last few camps & fights so this comes as no surprise.

Comment

What, no jokes now Garcia? Get your cheating ass boxer out of the ring, Bradley showed you what level Rios is really at.....deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X