No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights From Russia: Cuenca 139.2, Troyanovsky 139.3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights From Russia: Cuenca 139.2, Troyanovsky 139.3

Cesar Cuenca and Eduard Troyanovsky are set to collide in a battle of unbeaten super lightweight boxers. Both fighters made weight for their title fight Wednesday evening in Kazan, Russia.

Cuenca (47-0-0-2NC*, 2KOs) weighed in at 139.2 lbs. for the first defense of the vacant super lightweight crown he won in a 12-round decision over Ik Yang on the road this past July in China.

The career-best win marked his first fight outside of his native Argentina. He hits the road for the second straight time, once again facing an unbeaten local favorite.

Troyanovsky weighed 139.3 lbs. for his first title fight. The 35-year old contender comes in riding a 12-fight knockout streak, including an impressive 8th round stoppage of Aik Shakhnazaryan in April, followed by a 3rd round knockout of Ronald Pontillas in a stay busy bout this past June.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by JakeNDaBox; 11-03-2015, 02:56 PM.

It looks pretty bad for Cuenca, but I'm pretty sure that he can win this fight. Cuenca hasn't done much but he's done more than Troyanovsky and I'm picking to win this fight. PROBABLY won't get a stoppage though.

Comment

Povetkin vs. Wach is the headliner here, not Cuenca vs. Troyanovsky!

Comment

Does Cuenca have a solid chin? If not, I see him outboxing slow Troya then getting KTFO, kinda like in Troya - Shakhnazaryan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
          It looks pretty bad for Cuenca, but I'm pretty sure that he can win this fight. Cuenca hasn't done much but he's done more than Troyanovsky and I'm picking to win this fight. PROBABLY won't get a stoppage though.
          the 2 KO's in 48 fights is a conspiracy!
          they padded his record with Argentinian wach esque jaw's, fed nothing but hormone filled argentian steaks.
          feather fisted argies simply do NOT exist.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            the 2 KO's in 48 fights is a conspiracy!
            they padded his record with Argentinian wach esque jaw's, fed nothing but hormone filled argentian steaks.
            feather fisted argies simply do NOT exist.
            Everytime a prospect with a crazy knockout record comes up you immediately wonder if they can REALLY punch or if their quality of opposition has just been so poor. Maybe Cuenca is the exact opposite. Maybe he can really punch but he's been fighting killers his entire career!

Comment

damn what channel in america is this fight on?

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                Does Cuenca have a solid chin? If not, I see him outboxing slow Troya then getting KTFO, kinda like in Troya - Shakhnazaryan fight.
                i think he does. i remember him trading with olmedo who is a good puncher and taking shots well.

Comment

49-0 doeeeeeeee

Comment

Who the hell is that? Where's the outrage he's a champion

Comment

Working...
                    X