No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Jones in Full Swing For Heavyweight Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guillermo Jones in Full Swing For Heavyweight Run

In his words, former world champion Guillermo "El Felino" Jones of Panama is eager to return to the ring.

His return will take place on November 14 when "El Felino" Jones faces Mexico's Daniel "Oso" Cota.

The has been agreed upon in the heavyweight division as Jones make his official debut in that division for another title run.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Guillermo Jones win some type of crazy interim or low level world title at heavyweight, he's become a very strange yet effective fighter in recent years. However, after this fight I am virtually completely sure that we will not see him fight again until... 2017 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The has been agreed upon in the heavyweight division as Jones make his official debut in that division for another title run.
      Jones already fought above 200lb in 2005. He wanted to turn to heavyweight in 2007, because after his win against Braithwaite, no one was interested in investing money for a fight between Jones an Virgil Hill or Valery Brudov.

He switched to heavyweight because of the better purses in that devision ... but he had only few fights. He remained at top position in the WBA rankings althought he didn't fought in cruiserweight for 3 years ... thus making him the mandatory challenger for Firat Arslan.

Comment

Good for him. I really hope he gets seriously hurt at heavyweight.

Comment

At 43 we'll see how he goes. There is no excuse for testing positive for PED's, let alone twice.

Comment

One of the highly underrated fighters over the years. Had a very strange career that could've been great. He's too old now

Comment

One of the toughest guy in boxing with an insane chin.

From welterweight to heavyweight, thats some career!

Comment

Working...
              X