No announcement yet.

A Couple Of Sore Left Sides

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple Of Sore Left Sides

Following a couple of compelling battles, it’s become clear that the heavyweight division, as maligned as it has been, can be a pretty watchable. Despite lacking a dominant champion with all the tools, the like of which we’ve not seen since Lennox Lewis retired, we don’t have to feel guilty for revelling in the chaos. James Toney and Hasim Rahman, and particularly Serguei Liakhovich and Lamon Brewster, might be deeply flawed fighters, but when matched against the right foe, are capable of serving up a cracking good show. [details]

....Rahman/Toney was entertaining and slightly above crap. Brewster/Lyakovich was real good. I think the heavies are very underated right now and with all the young up and coming talent I think it's getting ready to get real exciting. Peter will be a force, Wlad is still young. You have Boystov, Chagaev, the Ibragimovs, and tons of other Euro talent that is on the rise. Hopefully American heavies will rise to the challenge and we will get a great new era of young heavyweights. The sooner the likes of Byrd, Rahman, Toney, Ruiz, and Tyson are gone for good then the better. It's time for the young guys now and IMO the heavies are going to be looking good in the very near future. Hell, I have always liked the heavyweights even when most trash talked them.

Comment

Originally posted by pbds
      ....Rahman/Toney was entertaining and slightly above crap. Brewster/Lyakovich was real good. I think the heavies are very underated right now and with all the young up and coming talent I think it's getting ready to get real exciting. Peter will be a force, Wlad is still young. You have Boystov, Chagaev, the Ibragimovs, and tons of other Euro talent that is on the rise. Hopefully American heavies will rise to the challenge and we will get a great new era of young heavyweights. The sooner the likes of Byrd, Rahman, Toney, Ruiz, and Tyson are gone for good then the better. It's time for the young guys now and IMO the heavies are going to be looking good in the very near future. Hell, I have always liked the heavyweights even when most trash talked them.

Everytime I you post your avatar catches my eye. Vitali looks like a giant next to Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingguy1226
        Everytime I you post your avatar catches my eye. Vitali looks like a giant next to Tyson.

....And your Avatar of my boy catches my eye.

Comment

Working...
        X