No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara Shouldn’t Have to Change His Style, Trainer Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lara Shouldn’t Have to Change His Style, Trainer Says

Erislandy Lara’s style has brought him success, but it has also worked to his detriment.

He is one of the best junior middleweights in the world. But he’s also had performances that failed to thrill viewers, and his emphasis on defense instead of offense may have cost him the fight last year when he lost to Canelo Alvarez.

Nevertheless, his trainer, Ronnie Shields sees no reason whatsoever for Lara to change — not for the sake of the fighter, nor for the sake of fans.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i would'nt change neither,but he has to get alittle more agressive. he gave away the canela alvared fight.

Comment

Both of Lara's fans agree with Shields.

Comment

he doesnt have to change his style but nobody has to like it either, he can keep on fighting the way he does just dont expect big paydays and ppv fights, cant have it both ways,

Comment

After 4 controversial fights that resulted in losses or draws I think he needs to step on the gas a little bit more. Clearly what he is doing is not going to get him a decision over the top names.

Comment

If your style aint winning you the fights then I think you do have to change it abit.

Comment

Lara would be a complete Idiot to change his style! Who would he be changing his style for? Jim Lampley? Some Casuals who want him to change his style because they want to see him lose?

For a Talent like Lara you have to match him up tough and against somebody who is either talent and athletic enough to box with him or somebody that will put pressure on him the entire fight

His fights are only boring when it is a Mismatch in Talent but Lara vs Paul Williams, Lara vs Carlos Molina, Lara vs Trout, even Lara vs Canelo, those wasn't boring fights at all.

He shouldn't change anything, only thing I think he should ADD is a Inside Game. He has crazy hand speed so imagine if he learns how to work in the pocket more. I hear that he actually can fight on the inside really good. He would be even harder to beat if he uses it more! Adding that inside game would also make it harder for Judges to rob you when he can have those Moments in which he dominates on the inside as well as his outside game
              Last edited by sicko; 10-27-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

... One can't make a Cuban change his "Cuban style" once he masters it...

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                  Both of Lara's fans agree with Shields.
                  hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                    he doesnt have to change his style but nobody has to like it either
                    Basically this is the first & last thing anyone needs to say & understand with this.

I think there are many fighters through history that have shown you can
                    make it with a less appeal style, but you tend to need more gimmicks working for you. He should be ***** taking all day cuz thats the easiest thing to do when you got an unappealing style to most fans. Floyd & Ali most successfully took this route & made $$$ having people coming to watch them lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X