No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Jean: Early Results From Omaha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Jean: Early Results From Omaha

Zsolt Daranyi Jr. opened the evening with a two-round drubbing of local opponent Sean Rawley Wilson. Daranyi (5-0, 5KOs) scored the bout's lone knockdown in round one, before proceeding to pound on Wilson (5-16-1, 1KOs) in round two. The referee played the role of interested observer before realizing his role, finally rescuing a near-defenseless Wilson from further punishment. Official time was 1:55 of round two. [Click Here To Read More]

untelevised undercards..

http://www.toprank.tv/shared/media/p...t_id=524968583

Comment

Right on queue - Top Rank just like GBP pitting unbeaten fighters against no hopers. This crap gets old, fast. No wonder you don't see Top Rank and GBP fighters outside of the top fighters on live TV broadcasts!!! I mean, who the *** wants to see a 20-0 fighter fighting a hapless scrub with 7 losses???? Or a 5-0 fighter against a guy with 16 losses??? This SHT is exactly why I have HUGE respect for ShowBox and the PBC shows!!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Right on queue - Top Rank just like GBP pitting unbeaten fighters against no hopers. This crap gets old, fast. No wonder you don't see Top Rank and GBP fighters outside of the top fighters on live TV broadcasts!!! I mean, who the *** wants to see a 20-0 fighter fighting a hapless scrub with 7 losses???? Or a 5-0 fighter against a guy with 16 losses??? This SHT is exactly why I have HUGE respect for ShowBox and the PBC shows!!
        Too bad for you those guys aren't going anywhere.
        Haymon paying for guys to be on live TV who should be on untelevised undercards, so yeah, being good is not why those guys are on tv.

Sadly, the TR/GBP guys have a better track record when stepping up than Al does, despite the supposedly worse opposition, maybe its because theyre just better fighters perhaps...:hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
          Too bad for you those guys aren't going anywhere.
          Haymon paying for guys to be on live TV who should be on untelevised undercards, so yeah, being good is not why those guys are on tv.

Sadly, the TR/GBP guys have a better track record when stepping up than Al does, despite the supposedly worse opposition, maybe its because theyre just better fighters perhaps...:hmm:
          ShoBox and PBC POINT BLANK have had undefeated fighters going against other undefeated fighters or guys with one loss. To the opposite, TR and GBP have done EVERYTHING in their power to pit their prospects against guys who have lost 3 out of their last 5 fights and 6 out of their last 8 fights. COUNTLESS FS1 and Solo Boxeo and Azteca cards are OVERWHELMING proof of this. This is not even remotely up for debate.

Not sure what you meant by "too bad for you, those guys aren't going anywhere" because I have no interest in some "those guys" grouping, I am interested in SOLID MATCHUPS and exciting fights and that is what I get with ShoBox that has had many contenders and champs have resulted from even matchups, and exciting fights on PBC, unlike the BULLSHT GBP and TR cards.

And back to your "those guys aren't going anywhere comment, you highlighted ShoBox which is ridiculous because do you know how many ShoBox alumni went on to become world champions???????
          Last edited by richardt; 10-24-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            ShoBox and PBC POINT BLANK have had undefeated fighters going against other undefeated fighters or guys with one loss. To the opposite, TR and GBP have done EVERYTHING in their power to pit their prospects against guys who have lost 3 out of their last 5 fights and 6 out of their last 8 fights. COUNTLESS FS1 and Solo Boxeo and Azteca cards are OVERWHELMING proof of this. This is not even remotely up for debate.

Not sure what you meant by "too bad for you, those guys aren't going anywhere" because I have no interest in some "those guys" grouping, I am interested in SOLID MATCHUPS and exciting fights and that is what I get with ShoBox that has had many contenders and champs have resulted from even matchups, and exciting fights on PBC, unlike the BULLSHT GBP and TR cards.

And back to your "those guys aren't going anywhere comment, you highlighted ShoBox which is ridiculous because do you know how many ShoBox alumni went on to become world champions???????
            Theres no point in matching these guys up "undefeated against undefeated" when theyre just going to run into walls later.

They'll be in the "solid matchups and exciting fights" when theyre in title fights and meaningful bouts, something PBC hasnt had and probably won't have too many of.

Showtime has had champs and contenders before because Espinoza wasnt blowing Haymon. Showtimes production has now dropped to the gutter as a result of their unconditional support of Haymon, so I'll partially agree with you on that last point.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
              Theres no point in matching these guys up "undefeated against undefeated" when theyre just going to run into walls later.

They'll be in the "solid matchups and exciting fights" when theyre in title fights and meaningful bouts, something PBC hasnt had and probably won't have too many of.

Showtime has had champs and contenders before because Espinoza wasnt blowing Haymon. Showtimes production has now dropped to the gutter as a result of their unconditional support of Haymon, so I'll partially agree with you on that last point.
              You are trying to turn it into a sounding board for your disproval of Haymon and TOTALLY missed the point I clearly made. I don't know ANYONE who would rather see a 20-0 guy go against a hapless 19-7 fighter as opposed to a 20-0 fighter going up against an 18-1 fighter where the odds are closer to even.

If becoming contenders and champs is defined as "running into walls" then I am pretty ***ing damn certain every fighter dreams of "running into walls". And yes, even though it pains some to realize that ShoBox and PBC alumni will become contenders and champions, it will still happen.

This is not about hating on Haymon no matter how much you want to make it about that, it is about the fighters on ShoBox and PBC who are taking risks instead of fighting hapless 15-7 opposition and yes, Haymon fighters will become contenders and champs, even though that seems to cause you great pain thinking about it. I'm not interested in your political agenda, I am talking about decent matchups vs gravy train setups.
              Last edited by richardt; 10-24-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Why is my stream showing the GGG-Lemieux fight?

Comment

lol this dude has 5 wins and 15 losses? I'm watching the undercard from the link posted above. but the other link i got is showing the GGG fight from last week

Comment

crawford vs dierry jean
                    damn what a boring main event

Comment

Working...
                    X