No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Stops Meehan In Three, Remains Unbeaten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Stops Meehan In Three, Remains Unbeaten

Joseph Parker had little trouble in preserving his unbeaten record, knocking out veteran Kali Meehan inside of three rounds Thursday evening at The Trust Arena in Auckland, New Zealand. [Click Here To Read More]

I think Kevin Johnson would be a good opponent for Parker December 5th.

Comment

Decent win for Parker even though Meehan was well past it. He has taken on the C & C+ level guys & had little trouble. Maybe one more to finish out the year & on the to the fringe guys. I like how they have slowly stepped up his opposition through 15 fights. I'm sure they learned from watching David Price what can happen if he is thrown to the wolves too early.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
        I think Kevin Johnson would be a good opponent for Parker December 5th.
        Yeah him or Alex Leapai would be good to close out the year. Step it up in the new year...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Decent win for Parker even though Meehan was well past it. He has taken on the C & C+ level guys & had little trouble. Maybe one more to finish out the year & on the to the fringe guys. I like how they have slowly stepped up his opposition through 15 fights. I'm sure they learned from watching David Price what can happen if he is thrown to the wolves too early.
          David Price is a good example of spending your learning fights fighting guys who dont challenge you and then being thrown to the wolves.

He needs to fight opposition who can test different aspects of his game (stamina, defence, offence, chin etc) so that when he meets his 'Thompson' he is ready.

Its difficult with HW's because they often punch so hard that its hard to match them correctly (see Kevin Johnson for Anthony Joshua. Seemed like a perfect opponent but got blitzed in two), however his handlers dont even seem to be really trying to find him the right level fights.

Comment

shame, i expected meehan to take him some rounds, looks by the 'KO' that he was just picking up a cheque

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              shame, i expected meehan to take him some rounds, looks by the 'KO' that he was just picking up a cheque
              No, the old man gave his best but he couldnt handle Parkers Speed and power and the knockout was real. Meehan looked to be in good shape for a shot 45 year old fighter, he took this fight serious but it is time for him to hang em up.
              i would like to see Parker vs. Browne. But maybe Browne fights Chagaev next.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                No, the old man gave his best but he couldnt handle Parkers Speed and power and the knockout was real. Meehan looked to be in good shape for a shot 45 year old fighter, he took this fight serious but it is time for him to hang em up.
                i would like to see Parker vs. Browne. But maybe Browne fights Chagaev next.
                yeah i wasn't suggesting he took a dive, just that as soon as he went down he had no intention of getting up.
                i dont think browne's team have any intention of fighting parker any time soon, he's very carefully managed as they probably can see like all of us that he is very limited.

I think parker fights again in december, hopefully they will chuck him in with a christian hammer type guy, which is a slight step up.
                I think he will be ready for Guys like Terper next year, need to see how he deals with pressure and how his whiskers hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Yeah him or Alex Leapai would be good to close out the year. Step it up in the new year...
                  might as well beat leapai since he's the last notable australasian hw that parker hasn't koed yet besides browne who won't fight him before getting his shot at the wba regular. kevin johnson would be a waste of time at this point. i think they should try again to get the japanese hw who beat ishida into the ring with parker. he is pretty much the #1 in asia, right? after that, take him to europe or america and get the ball rolling for real

Comment

Joseph is improving at a phenomenal pace. There are few heavyweights who can take his punches at this point.

I'd rather see him against other undefeateds like Teper, Glazkov, or Helenius.

Comment

Working...
                    X