No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Martinez Stuns Devon Alexander - Upset City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Martinez Stuns Devon Alexander - Upset City

Aron Martinez delivered one of the biggest surprises of the year when he beat Devon Alexander on points on Wednesday night.

The 33-year-old Mexican beat Alexander, a former IBF and WBC super-lightweight and IBF welterweight champion, on points over ten rounds in a welterweight bout in Glendale, Arizona.

The scores were 97-93 on two cards and 96-94.
    [Click Here To Read More]

watching alexander is tough. The guy has talent and for one he should never fight about 140 hes not made for 147 division i think the problem in boxing these days is guys anywhere from 130-154 are basically 147 pound fighters or working towards it. The other thing that makes alexander fights hard to watch is you can tell hes there for a check now. its almost like he could care less about winning or losing as long as he makes it out of the fight.

Comment

Devon ain't nothing special. Never was. He's been outboxed by Khan, out fought by Bradley, and now this Martinez guy. His talent is on the same level as a Chad Dawson or the Dirrell brothers.

Comment

How the hell did this happen? Dont they realize Devon Alexander is Black? He only needs to win 4 rounds to get a decision. Somebody call Al Haymon!

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          watching alexander is tough. The guy has talent and for one he should never fight about 140 hes not made for 147 division i think the problem in boxing these days is guys anywhere from 130-154 are basically 147 pound fighters or working towards it. The other thing that makes alexander fights hard to watch is you can tell hes there for a check now. its almost like he could care less about winning or losing as long as he makes it out of the fight.
          What absolute nonsense man...What talent? He's built a career on one right uppercut..... He's is terrible... Doesn't even know how to throw punches...

Comment

The only fight i really enjoyed of Alexander was the Urango fight. Beautiful KO. That said, this Martinez guy looks like a killer.

Comment

Glad I skipped this. Bum fights, Alexander got beat by some guy with 4KOs and 4Ls LOL. Pathetic PBC.

Comment

The scorecards insinuated that Devon lost 7 put of 10 round. What's wrong with that picture?

Comment

Thats for all the Chinese people.

Comment

He beat Alexander and Guerrero this year. Who is having a better year?

Comment

Working...
                    X