No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Arthur Abraham, Martin Murray Face To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Arthur Abraham, Martin Murray Face To Face

Martin Murray will challenge Arthur Abraham for the WBO World Super Middleweight title at the TUI Arena in Hannover, Germany on November 21 live on Sky Sports and Sat.1.

The St Helens man will be hoping to claim World honours at the fourth time of asking. Having made the move up to Super Middleweight, following a brave attempt at the formidable Kazakh Gennady Golovkin’s Middleweight titles and titanic tussles for the World titles of Felix Sturm in Germany and Sergio Martinez in Argentina, the 33 year old has recorded three wins inside the distance, and believes now the time has come for him to claim boxing’s ultimate prize. [Click Here To Read More]

Happy for Murray and I hope he pulls it off this time, this one is after all his 4th shot.

Comment

Hope Murray wins and sets up a unification with DeGale.

Comment

Nice one. For once, I'm actually forced to watch an Abraham fight because I like Murray.

Comment

Heard this guy has a history of getting robbed in title fights. Any truth to that? never saw the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
            Heard this guy has a history of getting robbed in title fights. Any truth to that? never saw the fights.
            He lost to G but lasted more than most. Outside of Germany & Argentina he would have won the other two. Has a very good chance in this bout.

Comment

The way Abraham looks these days, I'd be surprised if Murray were to lose this.

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
              Hope Murray wins and sets up a unification with Bute.
              Fixed.

Comment

Finally?

Hopefully Murray can pull it off... Guy is best known for his losses, whether it be a robbery or not. If he losses this one, he'll be delegated to gatekeeper status for the rest of his career.

Comment

They are fighting November 21st? That was quick. This fight just got announced like last week?

I guess they are both in pretty top shape if this fight is happening that fast. They must stay in shape in between fights I imagine. Abraham just fought in July, and this is Murray's 5th fight this year, he fought February, June, July, September, now November. This guy is hungry, Abraham better watch out, Murray is not playing with his activity. Man, Murray, I respect him, fights GGG and then moving up in weight to fight Abraham same year who is a good puncher. This is the only GGG opponent I respect really. I am a fan of Martin Murray, but I am also a fan of AA. I hope hope AA wins but i'd be happy if Murray upsets him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                    I had him beating Sturm and Martinez. He was also robbed of a KD in the Martinez fight. He should have been the true Ring champ at MW. That's why I give GGG credit for beating Murray. I thought GGG would stop him late which is what happened, but I still give GGG his props for that win. Murray is better than Lemiuex and will end up lasting more than Lemieux too. Murray is a good B fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X