No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manager: Golden Boy's Mistake in Rejecting Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manager: Golden Boy's Mistake in Rejecting Provodnikov

Manager Vadim Kornilov believes Golden Boy Promotions made a big mistake in rejecting an offer to stage a Ruslan Provodnikov-Lucas Matthysse rematch.

Matthysse won a close twelve round majority decision over Provodnikov in April. It was one of the better action fights of 2015.

Kornilov, who manages Provodnikov, is also the guiding force behind newly crowned WBC junior welterweight champion Viktor Postol.
    [Click Here To Read More]

had matty won the fight this guy would'nt have said nothing. its like kicking somebody when they are down. anyways. matty quit so lets move on

Comment

Lol. Lucas beat Ruslan clearly. He had bigger things to accomplish. He wanted to be a world champion as opposed to a circus act that will end up brain damaged.

Comment

Lucas "The Machine" Matthysse: I'll be back (Terminator voice).

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Manager Vadim Kornilov believes Golden Boy Promotions made a big mistake in rejecting an offer to stage a Ruslan Provodnikov-Lucas Matthysse rematch.

Matthysse won a close twelve round majority decision over Provodnikov in April. It was one of the better action fights of 2015.

Kornilov, who manages Provodnikov, is also the guiding force behind newly crowned WBC junior welterweight champion Viktor Postol.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Ruslan is a nice guy, and you cant help but wish him the very best.....

But he cant keep asking for rematches, just because it was a good fight.

I dont blame Matthyse for moving on, he got a title shot after all.

Comment

It was clearly a mistake, but not because he didn't rematch Provodnikov their business was settled. I am sure they could have found a better match-up for Matthysse though.

Comment

Can't balme Vadim Kornilov

He's going to try to get that rematch, which I am sure HBO will pay for and people will want to see.

If Lucas would have won, of course this wouldn't happen. But this is a great plan B for everyone. Just because a dude lost doesn't mean he has to retire.

Comment

In a rematch I see Ruslan stop lucas this time lucas time is up

Comment

zpeaking of provo if u look at the wba rankings it looks like the fight that will happen at some point on showtime is broner vs provonikov. Even tho broner said he wont fight anyone and everyone we all know hes still going to take tough fights the one thing people cant bash broner for even tho they try is hes willing to fight anyone. Honestly i think provo and broner would be a great fight provo is all wrong for broner but at the same time broner could easily get off on provo hopefully showtime will start to build it up

Comment

Golden Boy is going to rubbles right in front of Oscar's very own eyes

Comment

Working...
                    X