No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Postol Will Be a Real Force at 140 and 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Postol Will Be a Real Force at 140 and 147

StubHub Center, Carson, California - Viktor Postol (28-0, 12KOs) upset the odds on Saturday night, when he scored a tenth round knockout over Lucas Matthysse (37-4, 34KOs) to capture the vacant WBC junior welterweight world title. The championship became vacant after Danny Garcia moved up to the welterweight division a few months ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

there is no doubt postol was the perfect style for lucas and hes got a good chin he does a lot of things well no doubt its going to be interesting to see him in with other styles. i think the craziest part of it all is he is trained by freddie hes like everything freddie usually dont like about a fighter but imo i think thats almost the coolest part is freddie is showing he can also train a boxer. i got feeling tho bob gonna ride this to a manny fight and manny would decimate him

Comment

Damn right. In truth it shouldn't of taken this long to realise that.
      They maybe not the best fighters in the world but it was crystal clear that Postol was something a bit special in his performances vs Lundy & Aydin.

He is going to be a real handful and very difficult for anybody to beat.
      Interested to see how he would fair at Welterweight I personally don't think anybody at 140 belongs in the same ring as him currently.

Not sure where Matthysse goes now once a fighter quits he seems to get accustomed to doing so.

Comment

I always said he was a darkhorse a long time ago. The guy is very well schooled and has underrated/deceptive power despite of his low KO percentage. He's going to pose major problems against anyone with his reach and IQ.

Comment

Freedom is suddenly gonna say welterweight isn't weak anymore when postol moves up

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Damn right. In truth it shouldn't of taken this long to realise that.
            They maybe not the best fighters in the world but it was crystal clear that Postol was something a bit special in his performances vs Lundy & Aydin.

He is going to be a real handful and very difficult for anybody to beat.
            Interested to see how he would fair at Welterweight I personally don't think anybody at 140 belongs in the same ring as him currently.

Not sure where Matthysse goes now once a fighter quits he seems to get accustomed to doing so.
            I said it before but sometimes it takes one fight and you know a fighter is going to be great. I knew Kovalev was going to be great after the Campillo fight. I knew Postol was going to be great after the Aydin fight. He's going to be a force in that weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Freedom is suddenly gonna say welterweight isn't weak anymore when postol moves up

Comment

He might be stronger and more effective at 147, the guy is 6 foot tall he is a huge 140 guy and he looks malnourished in there at 140. What is funny is he looks like Wladimir Klitschko and fight similar to him with the holding and pawing jab and right hand, I think he grew that mustache and facial hair so people don't make that comparison, when he said Ukraine has real fighter when he won was he taking a shot at Wladimir? Is there some type of beef there?

Comment

So is postol going to fight pac arum I think not you knew lucas was a soft touch for pac

Comment

Thanks Arum we don't need this dumbed down jww version of Wlad who thrives on his natural advantages and holds excessively if someone gets inside.
                    I hope Crawford gets his ass next time

Comment

Working...
                    X