No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I Could've Got Up, I Felt a Pop in My Eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I Could've Got Up, I Felt a Pop in My Eye

StubHub Center, Carson, California - Viktor Postol (28-0, 12KOs) had a huge coming out party with a big upset victory - scoring a tenth round knockout of the hard-chinned Lucas Matthysse (37-4, 34KOs) to capture the vacant WBC junior welterweight world title.

The championship became vacant after Danny Garcia moved up to the welterweight division a few months ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm still saying OMG that it ended in KO

Comment

Matty was so overrated for years LOL

Hopefully his fans come back to earth. Hes a gatekeeper from here on out

Comment

Comment

Matthysse pretty much quit on himself, it sucks to see that. In his defense I do think he was pretty shaken up by the headbutt, but hey, this is boxing. Even before that, he was putting on a lackluster performance with a mediocre gameplan that consisted of just looking for a big home run shot. He was easily being outboxed and didn't seem he wanted to make the adjustments to grind out a victory by taking the risks necessary. I don't know where he goes from here now, seems like this was his last big opportunity.

Comment

....and he wanted to fight Pac...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              I'm still saying OMG that it ended in KO
              Lucas' best round was the 7th, it was also the turning point in the fight because he got hurt at the end of it. The next few rounds he did nothing and got hit clean a lot. I don't think he recovered from the end of the 7th, he was coming in strong ticking postol and then it just stopped.
              Last edited by El-blanco; 10-04-2015, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Stop deflecting you chump lol. Broner dares to be great. Meanwhile cyclops matthysse has been at 140 for 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Matthysse pretty much quit on himself, it sucks to see that. In his defense I do think he was pretty shaken up by the headbutt, but hey, this is boxing. Even before that, he was putting on a lackluster performance with a mediocre gameplan that consisted of just looking for a big home run shot. He was easily being outboxed and didn't seem he wanted to make the adjustments to grind out a victory by taking the risks necessary. I don't know where he goes from here now, seems like this was his last big opportunity.
                    i thought he did well in the 6th and 7th when postol stopped clinching. He hit him with quite a few big shots, but once he got hurt at the end of the 7th, it was a wrap.

Comment

Working...
                    X