No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio: Don't Be Surprised if Lemieux Shocks Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio: Don't Be Surprised if Lemieux Shocks Golovkin

Mexico's super middleweight contender Marco Antonio "Veneno" Rubio is a common opponent for middleweight champions David Lemieux and Gennady "GGG" Golovkin - who on October 17th will face each other in an IBF/IBO/WBA title unification from Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Rubio and Gabriel Rosado are the only two common opponents for the middleweight punchers. Rubio, like everyone else, expects a knockout ending.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I could see Lemiuex dropping GGG in this one

Comment

No rubio it wasn't the sauna that was killing you,it was that over the top left hook that killed you.

Comment

I been saying the same thing since the fight was announced. I would not be shocked either if lemieux drops GGG. You just can't sleep on a guy with that kind of power.

Comment

Also all the people using the loss to Rubio against Lemieux glad to hear even Rubio say he was very young and inexperienced at the time. 4 years later for a 26 year old is lifetime ago in boxing. Lemieux is a much improved fighter today. GGG deserves to be favored but this fight will be fire works somebody getting knocked out but I won't be shocked either way whoever that is.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
            No rubio it wasn't the sauna that was killing you,it was that over the top left hook that killed you.
            Maybe not Im very sceptical when guys say they had trouble making weight , it can really fck them up , we will all find out soon .

Comment

Nope

I'm sorry I still can't see Lemieux beating an Olympic silver medalist with over 400 Am fights and hits like a freight train.

Comment

GGG beats your azz like a bad step child, and

you of course will make excuses.

Dude, when you get blasted in the second round, it wouldn't have mattered what you did. You couldn't make MW when fighting the MW champion, boo hoo.

Rubio is probably hoping GGG loses, that way he can say he beat the guy who beat the pants off of him.

Credibility, shot down.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                  I could see Lemiuex dropping GGG in this one
                  I dont know how you see that. Nothing in either of these two guys fights would lead a person to think the that would happen.

Can it, well sure. Will it, very unlikely.

GGG has faced big punchers. Lemieux has no faced anything like what he is about to face.

KO for GGG by round 7, and that is only because after the first 3, Lemieux goes into survive mode and GGG lets him survive to not piss off fans who dont want to see a quick fight.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  I been saying the same thing since the fight was announced. I would not be shocked either if lemieux drops GGG. You just can't sleep on a guy with that kind of power.
                  I can, the guy couldn't put his last fighter away although he hit him cleanly repeatedly.

Not to mention that every time Lemieux gets a big fight, he does bad.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Also all the people using the loss to Rubio against Lemieux glad to hear even Rubio say he was very young and inexperienced at the time. 4 years later for a 26 year old is lifetime ago in boxing. Lemieux is a much improved fighter today. GGG deserves to be favored but this fight will be fire works somebody getting knocked out but I won't be shocked either way whoever that is.
                  Its not just the two losses, although those matter. Has Lemieux improved since rubio, sure. Has GGG improves since Rubio, yea, of course he has.

Has Lemieux show anything other than a powerful punch that makes us think he has the skills to beat GGG.

No.

He has a punchers chance, but frankly, I think even that is a stretch.

Comment

Statements like this always make me laugh. Lemieux has the power to knock out GGG, why would anybody be surprised if GGG got caught with a clean shot and can't recover? This is boxing after all. What would be surprising is if Lemieux were to defeat GGG by decision. Now that would be surprising, because Lemieux doesn't have enough skill, stamina, or IQ to defeat GGG in 12. More then likely he doesn't have the chin to go past 8 with GGG, which is the round I think GGG ends Lemieux's suffering.

Comment

Working...
                    X