No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chakhkiev Gets Off The Floor To Edge Ventura

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chakhkiev Gets Off The Floor To Edge Ventura

In what was supposed to be a tuneup for his fall return, Olympic gold medal winner Rakhim Chakhkiev (24-1, 18KOs) had all he could handle in winning an eight round unanimous decision over Hamilton Ventura (14-2-1, 12KOs). The scores were 77-73, 77-74 and 76-75.

Chakhkiev went down in the third and the eight, while Ventura was down in the fourth.

The next assignment for the Russian contender is a scheduled showdown with Ola Afolabi (21-4-4, 10KOs) on November 4th at the Basket-Hall Arena in Kazan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love me some Chakhkiev, but he's turning into Chinny Chuck. Wlodarczyk showed how to beat him - drag him into the later rounds, get to that chin, and he'll fall. Afolabi knows how to drag a fight into late rounds with heavy punchers (Maccarinelli, and Huck 3 times), so Chakhkiev can't waste time trying to "box clever" and get dropped along the way.

Comment

This guy will amount to nothing. Sorry dan_cov.

Comment

Damn was not expecting that, that's what happens when you're on the bum diet, you turn into a one

Comment

Inb4 Dan_Cov

Comment

I didn't even know he was fighting tbh will check the video section but this is very disappointing too hear.
            I don't see him faring well against the top CWs even if he beats Afolabi its only a matter of time before he faces someone durable with a punch.

Thought he looked quite poor against Silgado and Anthony Wright too. He certainly isn't getting any better.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X