No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto: I Got A lot More Than $4 Million For Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berto: I Got A lot More Than $4 Million For Mayweather

Former two-time champion Andre Berto (30-4, 23KOs) has denied that his guarantee was only $4 million dollars for the September 12th bout with WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26KOs), who won a twelve round unanimous decision at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

These guys love to keep talking when they probably shouldn't
    Pretty sure the 4 is what was reported to the NSAC

Comment

This was one of those weird situations where the loser came out the winner in a way.

Yes Berto lost via a lopsided decision, but nobody was expecting him to win anyway. It was him who fought with aggression and with the intent to make it an actual fight. As usual Floyd played a safety first spoiler against an opponent whom he could have unloaded on from the opening bell yet chose not to.

The spotlight was on Floyd to shine in his farewell fight and that didnt happen. Berto on the other hand received a handsome payday, some good exposure, and credit from those who watched the fight for actually trying to make it entertaining.

Comment

berto stop lying you got 4 million your not worth more then that I would have gave you 2 mill the most

Comment

i beliive you berto.

like canelo both of you got something extra on the side to make Floyd looked good

heard it thru the grapevine

Comment

Maybe they only reported 4Mil to the Nevada commission so Berto won't get screwed paying more Taxes & could have more $$$ left over.. Berto should have just stayed quiet.

Comment

I think most of us would have jumped in that ring for way less than $4million - yeah, Mayweather would probably knock us out but I'd take that coming from Mayweather, not sure I'd say the same about GGG. Maybe I'd just ask him to knock me out softly.

Comment

Berto talking so much after arguably not winning one round.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                  Maybe they only reported 4Mil to the Nevada commission so Berto won't get screwed paying more Taxes & could have more $$$ left over.. Berto should have just stayed quiet.
                  It doesn't work like that. Nobody is paying Berto under the table while being at risk of an IRS investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                    What's reported to the NSAC and a fighters overall purse can differ. By law a fighter must receive a certain percentage of his purse money come fight night and that's the $ that's reported to the NSAC. The remainder can be paid per agreement between the fighter and his promoter.

Comment

Working...
                    X