Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Upset: I Won The Fight Decisively!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves Upset: I Won The Fight Decisively!

LAS VEGAS - Badou Jack "The Ripper" (20-1-1, 12 KOs) successfully defended his WBC Super Middleweight World title with a hard-fought, crowd-pleasing 12-round majority decision over mandatory challenger "Saint" George Groves (21-3, 16 KOs). Jack, who dropped Groves late in the first round, triumphed by the scores of 116-111, 115-112 and 113-114. The hard-luck Groves, who abruptly fled the ring in disbelief after the announcement, fell to 0-3 in world title fights. [Click Here To Read More]

No. Jack fought a better fight, Groves had his moments but not enough to win.

Comment

Neither man won decisively and Groves should have fought better more consistently. But Jack took control at times and you can't just squeak by a champion after a KD in his home country. Groves didn't do enough.

Comment

Definitely once the knockdown was scored, I thought that would be the decisive factor. Groves did well in patches, but Jack never lost control of the fight.

And besides they always say and I agree 'to be the champ, you gotta beat the champ'. Groves didn't do enough to take the belt away from the defending champion.

Comment

That's all 3 loses he refuses to take proper responsibility for now.

Sadly George just lost a lot of fans for that poor sportsmanship.

Comment

Jack definitely won.

It was one of those fights that you felt that Groves could have won. He seems to have lost that bit of snap in the right hand. I was expecting Groves to absolutely chin him with the overhand right at one point but it was always partially blocked or Groves was unbalanced when he threw it.

I think Groves should reset. Go back to Booth or go to America but drop down from championship level for a bit both to refine his technique and to elongate his career. I think he will win a world title at some point. He is only 27. He can still get better.

Comment

Poor Groves. Always the victim. Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                That's all 3 loses he refuses to take proper responsibility for now.

Sadly George just lost a lot of fans for that poor sportsmanship.
                Yeah, man up and just accept reality. Grooves has become delusional. Jack deserved to win!

Comment

im sorry but Groves lost last night, and i really think he should move up in weight, he does not have the stamina to go 12 rounds at 168, from round 9 he looked gassed, and he may also be able to take a shot better at light heavy just as-long as he avoids the top two,

Comment

No you didn't. ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X