No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Drops, Decisions George Groves To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Drops, Decisions George Groves To Retain

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - Badou Jack (20-1-1, 12KOs) won a twelve round split decision over mandatory challenger George Groves (21-2, 16KOs) to retain the WBC super middleweight title. The scores were 114-113 for Groves, 115-112 for Jack, 116-111 for Jack.

Groves was working good with his jab in the early part of the first round and seemed to have found his groove. Jack laid in wait and countered him very well at the end, dropping Groves after two hard right hands. Groves beat the count with only a few seconds remaining in the first.
    [Click Here To Read More]

116- 111 was insane!!!!!!

Comment

Dammit!

Close fight.

Comment

I seriously don't even think Jack won any round impressively.

That being said, Groves is done. What a far cry from the guy who fought Froch in '13.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          116- 111 was insane!!!!!!
          Yeah I thought that, as gutted as I am I think Groves did lose

Badou is a lot better than I thought he was, time for a sleep

Comment

I had it 115-112 for Jack. Close but clear decision. He was the more complete fighter of the two. I would say this was his best performance by far considering the opponent. Groves is better than Dirrell.

I don't know what Farhood was watching but the fight was not that wide at all. It was a good, close fight. In the end the right guy won.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I seriously don't even think Jack won any round impressively.

That being said, Groves is done. What a far cry from the guy who fought Froch in '13.
              I was never impressed by him. I'm not sure why he was touted just because he outboxed a robotic froch.

Comment

As I suspected, Ugly Kid bottled it.

Comment

Entertaining fight Good win for Badou Jack he's fighting with a ton of confidence

Comment

Props to Jack. He's been a big underdog in his last two fights but came out victorious.

Comment

Working...
                    X