No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I Don't Underestimate Karpency

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I Don't Underestimate Karpency

Two notable boxers of Haitian descent are involved in action this weekend. An upset occurring in either fight would go down among the most shocking in-ring results in recent memory.

Whereas Andre Berto—a Haitian-American raised in Florida—faces a major uphill battle in Saturday’s challenge of World welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas, Adonis Stevenson is a heavy betting favorite in Friday’s showdown with Tommy Karpency.

The bout marks the sixth defense of the World light heavyweight title for Stevenson, who insists he is leaving nothing to chance in their Spike TV-televised headliner Friday evening in Toronto, Canada.

“It's his second chance for a world title. He made mistakes the first time and he's worked on that,” Stevenson (26-1, 21KOs) says of Karpency, a longtime journeyman who hit the jackpot with a 10-round upset win over Chad Dawson last October. “I expect that he believes he's going to win. I don't underestimate him. I'm ready to win. I’m prepared for anything; there won’t be any surprises.” [Click Here To Read More]

stevenson continues to near 40 without notable accomplishments

can't believe he was high up on the p4p list at one point, looking at his record

Comment

How many Haymon fighters have to talk about how they aren't going to underestimate some cherry-pick?

Kova would have sparked this old-hype job...

Comment

Total mismatch 4 the locals...watch & c...4get the weights I want Spence vs loud mouth Thurman...

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post

can't believe he was high up on the p4p list at one point, looking at his record
          Ducking the 3 biggest names in his division - Kovalev, BHop, Pascal - one after the other, and still holding on to his title is quite an accomplishment.

Comment

I can understand how the world would be shocked if Berto some how won. But I wouldn't be all that shocked if Tommy won.

Comment

How can this guy even say that with a straight face? Dude you're fighting a guy that got shutout by Nathan Cleverly... Be quiet, take your tune up and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post

Can't believe a professional wood-carver is fighting for the lineal LHWT belt.

A god damn carpenter, can't believe it.

Comment

I hope to see the woman and girl tormenter iced some day. SuperSCUM needs to be knocked cold with some leg jiggle to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    How can this guy even say that with a straight face? Dude you're fighting a guy that got shutout by Nathan Cleverly... Be quiet, take your tune up and move on.
                    And Karpency is fighting a guy that was knocked out by Darnell Boone in 2 rounds.

You really are a **** poster. YDKSAB!

Comment

Working...
                    X