No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Dirrell Back In Win Column, Shuts Out Rubio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Dirrell Back In Win Column, Shuts Out Rubio

Anthony Dirrell returned to the win column after pitching a shutout over Marco Antonio Rubio in their 10-round super middleweight fight Sunday afternoon at American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Scores were 100-90 across the board in favor of Dirrell, who was fighting for the first time since losing his super middleweight title earlier this year. [Click Here To Read More]

This was a horrible sparring session and here is to never ever watching another Rubio fight.

Comment

Damn, I hope Marco Rubio don't end up brain damaged. Dude was basically a punching bag that whole fight. Hard to believe its the same guy who got a TKO win vs David Lemiuex too.

Comment

You're gonna have real trouble convincing me to watch either of these guys again.

Dirrell has absolutely no crack in his punches, it looked like he was wearing socker boppers. Rubio already looking like your ageing uncle with that gut.

Comment

Wow what a one sided affair

Comment

Fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
              Damn, I hope Marco Rubio don't end up brain damaged. Dude was basically a punching bag that whole fight. Hard to believe its the same guy who got a TKO win vs David Lemiuex too.
              Just shows how limited Dirrell is as a fighter. This was Rubio's first fight at SMW, coming off being utterly destroyed by GGG in less that two rounds and Dirrell could not hurt him at all. Seeing as Dirrell couldn't hurt him, and Lemieux could not hurt him and Golovkin demolished him without even working up a sweat, does anyone still think Lemieux has a chance against GGG?

Comment

At least Rubio picked up a paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  does anyone still think Lemieux has a chance against GGG?
                  This is a head scratcher. Since when did a good amount of people thought Lemieux had a chance against GGG? I think the tone has always been that he has no chance. Only one's who claim he has a shot or are talking him up as a serious opponent are GGG fans themselves.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=684960

Comment

Rubio is 35 yr old and looked indeed old today (he is very slow and very economic throwing punches). And let's not forget that Rubio fought most of his career as a MW and tonight's fight was at SMW against a former SMW champ who had a very high KO percentage of 76%. According to boxrec, Dirrell has also advantages on height (4.5 ") and reach (3") and of course on age. I believe, after 68 professional fights, Rubio is practically at the end of his boxing career.
                    Last edited by cabalas; 09-06-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X