No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Jones Eyes 10/3 Return as a Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guillermo Jones Eyes 10/3 Return as a Heavyweight

Panamanian former world cruiserweight champion Guillermo "El Felino" Jones (39-3-2, 31KOs) has been training for the last few months, getting in shape for a possible return - as long as his suspension is lifted by the World Boxing Association (WBA).

Jones has gotten himself into shape and plans to meet with the WBA in the next few days to sort out the situation with a comeback. He has a tentative date scheduled for October 3 against a Mexican opponent. This fight would take place at the Hotel Melia Panama Canal in the Colon province.
    [Click Here To Read More]

SMh had he cared more, this guy could have been a HOF and won a title every step from WW to, now, HW. I think he could beat a couple guys at HW - a fight with TArver would be good

Comment

Now that you say it, its hard to believe this guy was fighting at 147 for quite some time, he was 6"4, this is crazy, now he is such a slob of a man, but he can surely take a punch, probably one of the best chins in boxing.

He shouldnt fight anymore at 44 age though with his shape and his history.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Now that you say it, its hard to believe this guy was fighting at 147 for quite some time
        Imagine Guillermo Jones vs. Mayweather

Comment

I believe there was a confrontation between Jones & Shannon Briggs following Briggs' win over Zumbano Love. I thought he said he would fight him but only after he got his September date with Klitschko. He didn't get the Sept fight so why not make the Jones/Briggs fight October 3? Neither has much time left & both are in need of a NAME win...

Comment

You guys took the words out of my mouth. I could never believe this guy started as a welterweight, and fought for a 154 pound title.

It's kind of weird that he was busted for a diuretic at 200 pounds, considering.

Comment

Working...
            X