No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson-Felix Diaz, Andre Dirrell - PBC, 10/17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson-Felix Diaz, Andre Dirrell - PBC, 10/17

BoxingScene.com has been advised that former champion Lamont Peterson (33-3-1, 17KOs) will face Olympic gold medal winner Felix Diaz (17-0, 8KOs) in a welterweight contest on October 17th. The fight will headline a Premier Boxing Champions event, with the network to be determined.

Diaz was in action back in April, winning a lopsided ten round unanimous decision over Gabriel Bracero. Peterson headlined that card, at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, where he lost a close twelve round majority decision to Danny Garcia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Huh. A big step up for Diaz/risk for Peterson.

Shocked they made this matchup

Comment

Big step up fight here for Diaz

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post

one of the top skill fights out there...dias might have been a exposed a bit and i think peterson reach and height with key this victory...if the fight is at ww its going to be fun to watch peterson step up to that..i was rooting for a garcia rematch..but instead peterson just keeps on making his resume one of the best in boxing

Comment

Andre Dirrell should fight Marco Antio Perriban. It's only right, as his brother is fighting Marco Antonio Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            Andre Dirrell should fight Marco Antio Perriban. It's only right, as his brother is fighting Marco Antonio Rubio.
            wouldnt mind seeing him vs a bika...but if its undercard action i'm sure his opponent is not tough and i dont like that..i wanted to see him get back onthe saddle after the loss and become a champion

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              wouldnt mind seeing him vs a bika...but if its undercard action i'm sure his opponent is not tough and i dont like that..i wanted to see him get back onthe saddle after the loss and become a champion
              Didn't Bika move up to 175? What about J'Leon Love?

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post

Well, it's a step up for Diaz for sure but the kid has skills and I really think they just didn't keep him active enough. I just hope Peterson comes to this fight clean...

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                  Didn't Bika move up to 175? What about J'Leon Love?
                  bika did but i'm sure he's a floater..he has been before...and j'leon love would pretty much be labeled a sacrifice at this point..also love is on the mayweather undercard if im not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                    one of the top skill fights out there...dias might have been a exposed a bit and i think peterson reach and height with key this victory...if the fight is at ww its going to be fun to watch peterson step up to that..i was rooting for a garcia rematch..but instead peterson just keeps on making his resume one of the best in boxing
                    I believe it's going to be at ww...I don't see how they make it a 140lbs fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X