Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter: Golovkin-Lemieux Winner Will Be Best at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Promoter: Golovkin-Lemieux Winner Will Be Best at 160!

Promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions says the winner of the upcoming middleweight unification between WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (33-0, 30 KOs) and IBF champion David Lemieux (34-2, 31 KOs) will be the best fighter in the middleweight division.

The HBO Pay-Per-View unification takes place on October 17th at New York's Madison Square Garden.
    [Click Here To Read More]

100% agreed

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Im not so sure if GGG vs. Canelo/Cotto will be bigger than Canelo vs. Cotto but i agree that the winner of GGG vs. Lemieux is the man to beat at 160.
        I dont think GGG has as manny followers as Cotto and Canelo have. If GGG would be mexican or american it would be another storry.

Comment

david lemieux would KO both cootto and canola these catchweight charlatrans these bums are not legit middleweights just a couple of pretenders looking to clean up on nothing more than a exhibition neither one wants a real challenge

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            Not really.
            Interesting.. So who would be?

Comment

I would really like to see Lee get his shot at GGG, because i do think Lemule is not better then Lee .. but we'll see what lamule can bring to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                david lemieux would KO both cootto and canola these catchweight charlatrans these bums are not legit middleweights just a couple of pretenders looking to clean up on nothing more than a exhibition neither one wants a real challenge
                Keep telling yourself that..

Comment

Duh. Those pretenders want none. (Ward is gaming ya'all)

I'm sick of this GGG hate. Let's get Ward the heck out of the way.

Why Ward/GGG doesn't make sense.
                  • Ward brings little to the table. Low money, low fame from beating Ward.
                  • The GGG haters would just claim Ward isn't the same fighter he was, you know what, it's partly true, and maybe all the way, we don't know. They'd just claim Ward wasn't the same after time off and surgery.
                  • We know Ward is a LHW now. He was in the Olympics, but chose to fight at SMW.
                  • Ward hasn't fought a credible candidate in years. Overweight bums notwithstanding.
                  • Ward brought Dawson down to 168, but it's unreasonable that GGG brings him to 164. But, but, he is so great.
                  • Ward would be 185-190 in he fought GGG now at 168. But GGG wouldn't want to put on extra weight just to take it back off to fight the catch weight pretenders. I'm betting that's why Ward wants it now. Once GGG goes up to 168, Ward will suddenly demand it's at 175.

Ward needs to worry about getting his career back on track. Outside of diehards, he isn't really known. He is not the P4P giant he once was.

As for Cotto, he is a pretender. He has a MW belt that shouldn't be his.they are gonna make that same excuse when they vacate to keep from fighting GGG. (Hey haters, why is it that if GGG is no good, why so many don't want to try for his zero).

GGG doesn't have a lot of A fighters on his resume. But that's hardly his fault alone.

Canelo is a MW who can drain down to 155 to weigh in. He will pay more of a price for vacating. But his die yards will still lick his feet, so De La Hoya may decide that's better than getting KO'd by GGG. Goldenboy is slowly becoming the new version of what's wrong with boxing.

The simple truth is these fights would be good for boxing. At 160.

If GGG can win his next fight, then beat (say) Canelo, and then get Lee. He can single handed bring boxing back after the joke that was the fight of the year.

And if Floyd then backed up his claim that he can best GGG, even at his weight, then we'd have the making of a true epic match. I don't see Floyd fighting GGG. So what, but he shouldnt say he could beat him then. Say he is too big, period.

I see these pretenders vacating the belt. GGG should get belt and never look back to Canelo again. Call him fake and move on.
                  Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 08-31-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Literally the third article on this... okay... we get it

Comment

Working...
                    X