No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares Ready For War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares Ready For War

Boxing fans and media like have eagerly awaited the long-awaited featherweight showdown between Abner Mares and Leo Santa Cruz. So, too, have the fighters themselves, as they were both already within the 126 lb. contracted weight prior to the weigh-in.

Naturally, both fighters easily made weight ahead of their scheduled 12-round clash Saturday evening at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Mares came in at a ripped 125.4 lbs., while Santa Cruz weighed 124.8 lbs., barely heavier than his last fight despite this being his first scheduled fight at the full featherweight limit.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Warrrr marreessss!!!!

Comment

Both fighters look very well prepared and hungry to win, Mares gave Santa Cruz a look that said "I'm gonna kill you" and Santa Cruz returned one saying "We'll see".

It's gonna be a real war!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not really excited for this fight it's probably since both have struggled with lesser opposition hopefully it's a good fight with no bull**** judging

Comment

Mares looks pissed and should feel confident considering how basic Leo has looked against masa rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Mares looks pissed and should feel confident considering how basic Leo has looked against masa rollers.
            The one thing that should worry Mares is his stamina, he fades late. And Santa Cruz has the stamina to to keep him working all 3minutes of every round. Doesn't have to win them big, or win the first rounds period, as long as he makes him work all through the first half, he has a shot to pull away in the 2nd half.

But Santa Cruz is still unproven because of his lack of competition, which makes this a toss up, we know very little about his chin as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              The one thing that should worry Mares is his stamina, he fades late. And Santa Cruz has the stamina to to keep him working all 3minutes of every round. Doesn't have to win them big, or win the first rounds period, as long as he makes him work all through the first half, he has a shot to pull away in the 2nd half.

But Santa Cruz is still unproven because of his lack of competition, which makes this a toss up, we know very little about his chin as well.
              Good point, Leo keeps throwing and applying pressure. I don't see mares testing his chin and I think he should be safe vs Leo unless Johnny total smashed his punch resistance. It's an interesting fight.

Comment

LSC never really had power, and moving up to 126 wont help that. (correct me if im wrong)

seeing how mares dealt with the jose ramirez' pressure, i think give him a good chance to beat LSC.

mares 65-35 LSC for me

Comment

but even then, ill be rooting for the bigger, younger, more potential LSC.
                  hope he proves himself with a decisive, entertaining victory.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post

On the showtime page it says Santa Cruz "Has been knocked down once as pro, vs. Robert DaLuz in 2009 (outpointed DaLuz over six rounds)."

Comment

Working...
                    X