No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Speaks Out Against Mosley-Mayorga Presser Antics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Speaks Out Against Mosley-Mayorga Presser Antics

The World Boxing Council (WBC) isn't directly involved in Saturday's rematch between former champs Shane Mosley and Ricardo Mayorga—in fact, they are heavily involved in another show in the Los Angeles area on that very evening—yet felt compelled to speak on the nonsense that came of their press conference on Tuesday.

At one point during the press session at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.—where the bout will take place (Saturday, Integrated Media PPV, 9:00 p.m. ET)—Mayorga delivered an open-hand slap to the rear-end of Mosley's girlfriend while on stage. The incident was immediately met with rage, as Mosley charged forward with his hands out in an attempt to choke Mayorga.

The scuffle was brief as several members from both camps quickly stepped in to separate the two.

Mayorga has since insisted that the matter was staged, that he was put up to it on orders from Mosley, who is serving as the lead promoter for the event. The claim from Mayorga that the fight before the fight was discussed in advance, of the belief that it would help drum up interest to boost ticket and Pay-Per-View sales.

Mosley continues to deny such claims, and has stated on the record that Mayorga is lying for the sake of trying to save face.

Rather than decipher who's telling to the truth, the WBC simply offered its take and strongly encouraged the fighters to keep it professional.

"The World Boxing Council expresses complete rejection concerning the embarrassing fight simulation between Shane Mosley and Ricardo Mayorga at their press conference yesterday," WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman said in a statement. "In a video that has been spread through media and social networks, a staged fight – previously agreed to – is shown between the fighters.

“Shane Mosley's and Ricardo Mayorga's actions could have generated more serious and unfortunate consequences. These actions are totally unacceptable for our sport.” [Click Here To Read More]

Lol@the hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
      The World Boxing Council (WBC) isn't directly involved in Saturday's rematch between former champs Shane Mosley and Ricardo Mayorga—in fact, they are heavily involved in another show in the Los Angeles area on that very evening—yet felt compelled to speak on the nonsense that came of their press conference on Tuesday.

At one point during the press session at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.—where the bout will take place (Saturday, Integrated Media PPV, 9:00 p.m. ET)—Mayorga delivered an open-hand slap to the rear-end of Mosley's girlfriend while on stage. The incident was immediately met with rage, as Mosley charged forward with his hands out in an attempt to choke Mayorga.

The scuffle was brief as several members from both camps quickly stepped in to separate the two.

Mayorga has since insisted that the matter was staged, that he was put up to it on orders from Mosley, who is serving as the lead promoter for the event. The claim from Mayorga that the fight before the fight was discussed in advance, of the belief that it would help drum up interest to boost ticket and Pay-Per-View sales.

Mosley continues to deny such claims, and has stated on the record that Mayorga is lying for the sake of trying to save face.

Rather than decipher who's telling to the truth, the WBC simply offered its take and strongly encouraged the fighters to keep it professional.

"The World Boxing Council expresses complete rejection concerning the embarrassing fight simulation between Shane Mosley and Ricardo Mayorga at their press conference yesterday," WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman said in a statement. "In a video that has been spread through media and social networks, a staged fight – previously agreed to – is shown between the fighters.

“Shane Mosley's and Ricardo Mayorga's actions could have generated more serious and unfortunate consequences. These actions are totally unacceptable for our sport.” [Click Here To Read More]
      Fcuk the WBC !

That buffoonery was just to sell tickets.

The WBC sold their integrity on numerous occasions to make money.

Comment

i like mosley but its clear it was staged thats first thing i thought when i saw it.

Comment

Mind your business WBC!

Comment

My eyes involuntarily rolled toward the sky when confronted with that headline.

The alphabet soup clown shows don't really have alot of credibility with me.

Comment

the media ate it up.. people are talking about this fight now.. it worked.

Comment

Next Mayorga will be having an affair with her. I think I've seen this on desperate housewives.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                  My eyes involuntarily rolled toward the sky when confronted with that headline.

The alphabet soup clown shows don't really have alot of credibility with me.
                  They don't with anybody else either. They're a joke, I find it hilarious that they're lecturing on this.

Originally posted by damian War View Post
                  the media ate it up.. people are talking about this fight now.. it worked.
                  Foreal? I'm not on social media, glad to hear it might help them.

Comment

They're mad everyone's talking about that fight, and not Mares-LSC which they've sanctioned with their silly diamond belt.

Shane promoting the f out of his fight lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X