No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chilemba Passes on Beterbiev, Stays on Stevenson Path

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chilemba Passes on Beterbiev, Stays on Stevenson Path

Totowa, NJ: Isaac "Golden Boy" Chilemba (24-2-2, 10 KOs) was faced with a difficult decision regarding his future in the light heavyweight division. He received offers from two major sanctioning organizations to fight for mandatory positions. The first offer came from the IBF against Artur Beterbiev and the other from the WBC against Andrzej Fonfara. Although Fonfara may be unavailable to participate, Chilemba, the 28 year-old from Malawi, decided to stick with his plan to pursue WBC Light Heavyweight Champion Adonis Stevenson and forego the IBF offer.

[Click Here To Read More]

So Artur Beterbiev passed on Kovalev and not this guy is passing on Beterbiev...so everyone is just passing on everyone at 175?? so i guess we will be stuck with Kovalev fighting Pascal 4 more times while Stevenson fights his grandfather and Beterbiev fights the 15th contender...sad Hopkins tried to start a movement and it just fell off

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      So Artur Beterbiev passed on Kovalev and not this guy is passing on Beterbiev...so everyone is just passing on everyone at 175?? so i guess we will be stuck with Kovalev fighting Pascal 4 more times while Stevenson fights his grandfather and Beterbiev fights the 15th contender...sad Hopkins tried to start a movement and it just fell off
      Who would choose to face Beterbiev when they could potentially face Stevenson? Chilemba isn't exclusive to HBO, so he's an ace in the hole for Main Events. However, I'm pretty sure Chilemba's path to Adonis won't be that easy, he'll probably have to face Alvarez/Fonfara in an eliminator. Chilemba/Beterbiev could always happen later.

Comment

I'd enjoy seeing Chilemba-Stevenson.

But will Al Haymon's beetch the WBC enforce Stevenson's mandatory? I doubt it.

Comment

I'd 'pass' on Beterbiev too

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            I'd 'pass' on Beterbiev too
            i was just thinking imagine if this were ggg people would be calling him the most avoided fighter in history lol

Comment

It would of been interesting to see how Beterbiev would of dealt with Chilemba's style.
              Maybe he should target someone like Oosthuizen next.

Comment

well now they're even

Comment

Everyome is passing on Beterbiev, he'd to choose Kovalev instead. Chilemba is all talk, when Artur fought Campillo the guy said he ducked him. Now look who's ducking.

Comment

So they're even in the duck department now?

Comment

Working...
                    X