Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Tabs Meehan as Perfect Foe To Test Skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Tabs Meehan as Perfect Foe To Test Skills

New Zealand heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker sees Kali Meehan's size and experience as an ideal test to his world title aspirations.

The 45-year-old Meehan was confirmed as Parker's next opponent with an October 15 date set for west Auckland, Meehan's old home patch.

Now living in Australia, Meehan brings a 42-5 win-loss record to the ring with his last two outings in Auckland showing he has lost little of his class or skills. He won the inaugural Super 8 tournament and then comprehensively out-pointed Shane Cameron for bonus pay days late in his career and, importantly for him, some belated respect.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This guy looks the real deal. He's being brought along well - i'm excited to see how he progresses.

Comment

This one won't last long.

I'd like to see him versus Bermane Stiverne.

Comment

Going for another fantastic opponent.

This guy was gone in 20 seconds 15 years ago against Danny Williams, these days he's more likely to be found drawing social security than providing any kind of "test"

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
          This one won't last long.

I'd like to see him versus Bermane Stiverne.
          A good fight but I think his camp doesn't feel ready although its likely he could beat Stiverne, but Stiverne is a fairly big puncher.

Guys who I think Parker should fight:

-Dereck Chisora
          -Malik Scott
          -Charles Martin
          -Mike Perez
          -Dominic Brezeale
          -Artur Szpilka
          -Lucas Browne

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

This guy was gone in 20 seconds 15 years ago against Danny Williams, these days he's more likely to be found drawing social security than providing any kind of "test"

STFU troll. What was Wilder doing early in his career? Fighting ****in' cab drivers, caddies and garbage men.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

to be fair to meehan david tua laid out john ruiz in 19 seconds. Tua got 1 title shot after while ruiz won 2 world titles & was in 12 world title fights...

Comment

[QUOTE=SlySlickSmooth;15954735]A good fight but I think his camp doesn't feel ready although its likely he could beat Stiverne, but Stiverne is a fairly big puncher.

Guys who I think Parker should fight:

-Dereck Chisora
                -Malik Scott
                -Charles Martin
                -Mike Perez
                -Dominic Brezeale
                -Artur Szpilka
                -Lucas Browne[/QUOTE yeah those are decent opponents

Comment

british refs

he waved kiwi kali off, then he started counting, then he waved him off again

Comment

as for partker, he looks to have a lot of physical talent. he's a basic fighter, but so are most HW. jab, big right hand, big left hook, get out of range to defend. not reinventing the wheel.

the division is bad enough that you can get by on size, power, and a chin, until you get to the very top.

what excites me about this kid is the physical repertoire. he's built like a freaking truck, not too short of 6.5 feet tall, and he's in shape. most of those types of athletes have found another sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X